The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 3, 2021, 08:52 PM   #1
Bailey71

Used TC Encore

I found this gun last week and I put it on layaway. Now I’m curious that maybe I’m paying too much. I’m not sure. I’ve never had anything TC before. It man this thing feels good and fits me perfectly. So maybe you guys with more experience can kinda say if $800 is too much. It’s used but it looks new. It’s an original Encore with a Remington.260 heavy barrel. On the right side of the barrel is stamped Encore custom shop??? It has a Nikon Buckmaster scope. I think it’s a 6x18x50 and very clear. The stock and friend is the mossy oak hd and really looks good. So the guy selling wouldn’t budge on price. He paid around $1200.00 for it
Old February 3, 2021, 09:36 PM   #2
taylorce1

It wasn't a great deal, you didn't steal the rifle by any means. Now that Nikon has decided to no longer make rifle scopes there really isn't any value in the optics. However, you're excited to own it and that's all that matters.
Old February 3, 2021, 09:38 PM   #3
NoSecondBest

I don’t think you’re getting any great deal. I own two of them and like them, but I didn’t pay anywhere near what he said he paid for his. You can buy them with the Flex Tech stock in stainless right now for $779 if you can find them in stock. The camo stock doesn’t add that much more to the price. The scope is a less expensive model but usable. He’s not too far off on a used price, but I think he’s still a bit high. You can buy a frame, stock set, and your choice of barrel for what he’s asking. Doing that you get your choice of caliber, blued/stainless/Weathershield....all good. Look into it a bit more.
Old February 3, 2021, 10:14 PM   #4
Bailey71

Thanks for the info guys. After looking on other sites I’d seen better deals. I was thinking that the Tc custom shop on the barrel maybe had something to do with the price. I may back out of this deal.
Old February 4, 2021, 04:25 AM   #5
cptjack

as like the other said ,but I am sure you will be happy with the accuracy and can put other rifle barrels on and also pistol barrels ,but will need a pistol stock