The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 31, 2012, 03:19 AM   #1
xdshtr

the new springfield xd(s)!!!

Finally, Springfield comes to us with a striker-fire subcompact 45!!! My distributor says they will becoming available in March-April. Cant wait! lets here what your thoughts are.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XD(S) Brochure.pdf (622.2 KB, 97 views)
Old January 31, 2012, 03:32 AM   #2
tahunua001

there has already been a few threads about this particular firearm. I'll give you the condensed version

1. at least 1 guy will tell you to run a search and stop wasting the internets time

2. at least 2 guys will look at the dimensions and say that their compact 1911s will hold more ammo and have more holster options.

3. a number of guys will bring up that compact 1911s are chronically unreliable.

4. 1911 guys will counter that nobody even knows how reliable these guns will be.

5. some guy will mention that his kahr 380 will conceal even easier with greater ammo cap

6. all the XD fanboys(myself included) will not so nicely remind him that he's comparing a 380 to a 45 acp.

7. someone else will start a XD-s thread and everyone will completely forget about this one
Old January 31, 2012, 05:44 AM   #3
dascottsman

You forgot about me, I will tell you to go buy a Glock and stop wasting your time researching all of these newer weapons.
Old January 31, 2012, 06:26 AM   #4
tahunua001

oh yeah:
8. the glock knockers, smith fiends, herstal hustlers, and sig pushers all telling you that XDs are all third world garbage and that you need to buy something else

9. someone will bring up that 45 acp cant take down a grizzly bear and the next ten posts will be completely irrelevent to the gun being discussed
Old January 31, 2012, 11:07 AM   #5
whiplash

hahahaha....tahunua001 you are the all knowing and wise one! You rock....Oh and by the way I love my 1911, XD45, and future XD-S.
Old January 31, 2012, 11:41 AM   #6
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
You forgot about me, I will tell you to go buy a Glock and stop wasting your time researching all of these newer weapons.
You forgot about me. I will tell you to go buy a good revolver and stop wasting your time researching all of these newer weapons.
Old January 31, 2012, 12:36 PM   #7
lee n. field

Quote:
1. at least 1 guy will tell you to run a search and stop wasting the internets time
9. someone will bring up that 45 acp cant take down a grizzly bear and the next ten posts will be completely irrelevent to the gun being discussed
I think we've got it all covered. Glock love, revolver love, "use the search", XD love/hate, 1911 love/troubleshooting.

Maybe this thread should be closed, and stickied, as the preserved in amber perfect quintessence of an Internet gunboard.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old February 1, 2012, 07:43 AM   #8
Steve_in_SEMich

xdshtr - thanks for linking the XDs flyer. I like the fact that Springfield didn't make this compact too light. At 29 oz, it's only 1.4 oz lighter than a full-size Sig P220. As long as my hand fits relatively well, I am strongly considering adding this to my CCW list.
Old February 1, 2012, 08:11 AM   #9
bitttorrrent

David Lettermans top ten list...
Old February 1, 2012, 11:13 AM   #10
EdInk

LOL that about covered it.
Old February 1, 2012, 11:22 AM   #11
rferizano

I just love the internet gun experts of all shades depicting all the creature features. Stand up comedy without the booze and that silly little round table.
Old February 1, 2012, 11:36 AM   #12
Tom Servo
Staff

OK, nobody owns the gun, and nobody's shot it yet. There's really not much to say here. We'll discuss it when it's available.
Closed Thread