The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old April 27, 2021, 03:47 AM   #76
Brit

My outdoor GunClub insists we are members of the NRA. Does not appear to have any way out of that. It has been around for many years the NRA.
But belonging to a Gun Club, indoors, where you can fire a few rounds from your carry pistol (just in case you need it for real) seems like a good idea?
Old April 27, 2021, 09:29 AM   #77
ATN082268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit View Post
My outdoor GunClub insists we are members of the NRA. Does not appear to have any way out of that. It has been around for many years the NRA.
But belonging to a Gun Club, indoors, where you can fire a few rounds from your carry pistol (just in case you need it for real) seems like a good idea?
I won't belong to any organization as a condition of belonging to any gun club unless there is no other choice to enjoy my shooting...
Old April 27, 2021, 06:55 PM   #78
Mike38

Quote:
My outdoor GunClub insists we are members of the NRA.
Mine did, up until this year. The Board voted to eliminate that requirement due to the shenanigans in the NRA.
Old May 4, 2021, 06:34 AM   #79
thallub

The US Trustee has weighed in on the NRA bankruptcy thing. This is a whole new ball game.

"The National Rifle Association’s hopes of end-running a legal challenge in New York were dealt a serious blow on Monday when a Justice Department official rebuked its leadership and called for the dismissal of its bankruptcy filing or the appointment of an outside monitor to oversee its finances.

]Lisa L. Lambert, a lawyer in the United States Trustee’s office, which is part of the Justice Department, said the “evidentiary record clearly and convincingly establishes” that Wayne LaPierre, the longtime N.R.A. chief executive, “has failed to provide the proper oversight.” For a number of years, she added, “the record is unrefuted that Wayne LaPierre’s personal expenses were made to look like business expenses.”

https://btenews.com/2021/05/04/nra-l...y-u-s-trustee/

Last edited by thallub; May 4, 2021 at 06:39 AM.