The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 18, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1
wezalsgunsupply

Got to shoot a Remington 887

I got the chance to shoot the new Remington 887. I have gotton a small handful in the shop but never got to shoot one. I have had real mixed feelings on these guns. First it took forever and a day to get them out. They are light and thought it would kick like a mule. But they point real well. I just cant warm up to plastic guns. I'm to old school I guess. But I got the chance to shoot one and jumped on it. I shot a few clays with one. Recoil was really mild with heavier loads. Which surprised me greatly. It was still stiff but worked pretty good. But it points really well and swings good. And I acually hit decent with it. Overall not a bad gun.
Old August 19, 2009, 03:59 AM   #2
Brenden

Thanks for the report..
JPFO
Old August 19, 2009, 10:28 AM   #3
TangoMcBlasty

How is the balance of the gun? When I first got into shooting I was set on getting a Nova or SuperNova but when I shouldered them, it felt like all their weight was set toward the muzzle. I suspect it's because a majority of components are polymer, with most of the steel in the barrel. I ended up getting an 870 because of this. Good or bad, it just felt more balanced in my hands and that's what I liked.

Any thoughts or feelings with regard to balance of the 887? Thanks!