The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 30, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1
crestone

Problem with Marschal Grips

I ordered a set of grips from Marschal for a Sig P225 last October using Paypal to make payment. When the grips arrived last week the left grip would not come close to fitting the slide release and decocking lever. I sent emails to Dennis at Marschal clearly showing the lack of fit. No response. I am now out $92 and stuck with grips that will require major reworking to fit. BEWARE OF ORDERING FROM MARSCHAL GRIPS
Old January 30, 2012, 01:42 PM   #2
crispy

If pictures are worth a 1000 words, here is 6000 words worth...

Old January 31, 2012, 08:35 AM   #3
darkroommike

contact suggestions

Sometimes email gets lost in company SPAM filters so try an alternative method of contact such as telephone or snailmail.
Old February 1, 2012, 08:52 AM   #4
tobnpr

Thanks for the warning. 3 month wait, and problems...and no response?
I was going to order some for my CZ-82, think I'll pass...
Old February 1, 2012, 11:33 AM   #5
crispy

BTW, I this wasn't my first problem. I ordered a set for a Bersa Thunder 380CC.

Those fit fine but the left and right sides were not cut from the same stock. Since they were covered in clear shellac (no stain) it was very noticeable. I don't understand whey he would even ship them.

No response on an e-mail I sent then too. But alas, I still ordered the set for the P232 above. I figured the Bersa grips fit fine and since I was ordering a stained set, they'd have to match...

Last edited by crispy; February 2, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old February 1, 2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Sharpsdressed Man

It must just be certain guns. I have had three sets of Makarov grips, and one set for the CZ75 that fit perfectly, and are nicely checkered and finished. I also had very fast shipping, considering he is in Europe. [IMG][/IMG]
Old February 2, 2012, 08:20 AM   #7
crispy

They may have screwed on to the gun, but you can see in your picture that the cutout for the back side of the mag release is not centered around the back side of the mag release.

But I agree, it is probably certain guns. The Bersa grips above fit fine, he just screwed up in another area.

I'd really like to see my P232 grips on his "test fit" gun. If they fit it fine, then he has a problem because not all frames are the same. But if they don't even fit his gun, then that is simply inexcusable that he didn't test fit the grips and still shipped them.
Old February 15, 2012, 02:11 PM   #8
crestone

Not so bad in the end

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...1&d=1329332782

I worked on the left side grip panel and finally got it to pretty much fit as you can see. The grips look very attractive. I still think Marschal could do a better job with precision cutting and shaping. I still have never received a response to my complaint so their customer service is not up to par. I will say though with my additional touch up work I do like the look and feel of the grips
Attached Images
File Type: jpg L1010434.jpg (244.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg L1010435.jpg (241.2 KB, 77 views)
Old February 16, 2012, 05:36 PM   #9
crispy

I fixed my P232 grips as well.

You do not want to see what they look like on the inside. I was dremeling anywhere and everywhere I thought was preventing me from moving them up on the grip.

I'll NEVER buy from him again. His lack of response to e-mail is unacceptable. I'm sorry, but if you run a business like that, when you get home from the shop, you answer e-mails until you've answered them all. If that means staying until 2AM so be it. But you can't treat customers that way.
Old March 4, 2012, 01:10 PM   #10
blackamos

It does look good now crispy,.
Old January 24, 2013, 01:35 PM   #11
waynehjohnson

marschal grips problem

I too order ed these grips over 13 weeks ago for a Sig p6/p225. I have emailed them to both email addresses, one shown on the website, and the other that took my paypal money, NO reply from either.

The first time I emailed was to ask about a minor change right after the order. The website says to expect delays, they are so busy. Heck, I am busy too with a small business, but I answer my emails right away.

Finally after the 4th attempt failed, I asked for a refund, sent them my paypal transaction screen. You guessed it, no reply.

I know they say 12 weeks for delivery, but they never answered even 1 of my emails, so I choose not to do business with this outfit.

After finding this forum, it doesn't sound like I am alone.