The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 27, 2012, 10:05 PM   #1
ronz

Dreyse info / help

Went looking for some bullet lube but came home with this
It’s in great condition may have been refinished but that don’t bother me bore is in excellent shape 7.65/32acp
Think it would have been made for U.S import because it’s marked Germany on the slide but that’s about all I know would like to more
Functions fine by loading a round in the chamber but was told it won’t work with the mag witch is not original
Want to try to reshape the mag that came with think I need to trim it down then re shape it so if someone could take a pic of how the mag is supposed to look when in the gun that would help a lot
Also how to take it apart to clean it
Thanks

Last edited by ronz; September 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: added photos
Old September 28, 2012, 11:54 AM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

It looks like you have about got it. The follower needs to be at a lesser angle (which means the feed lips need more bend, but if you get the bolt to clear it should work. If not, Gun Parts Corp. (www.gunpartscorp.com) has repros, stock #153170, at about $40.

There are sites with takedown instructions, and a video on takedown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSjMKl57UcQ

The guy in the video uses a screwdriver to push in the spring bushing; PLEASE use a non-marring brass or plastic tool. And PLEASE remove the grips before working on the gun; they are VERY fragile and one drop will destroy them.

Jim
Old September 28, 2012, 09:49 PM   #3
ronz

Thanks James
don’t know if I would have ever figured out how to get it apart on my own
Old October 21, 2012, 06:47 AM   #4
ronz

Been busy but finally got around to working on the mag got lucky and bent it close right away was stripping off a little rough but all chambered took it to the range today had about 5 stopages in 25 rounds so not complete success so filed and smoothed the lips when I got home one thing I noticed was that the bend on the lips wasn’t exactly the same on both sides but they strip off real smooth now so hopefully it works good don’t want to mess it up playing with it too much
Was surprised on how accurate it kept about 4”-5” group at 15 yards besides for a few fliers that were more than likely my fault
Anyone good at dating these? It’s a second change without the cut on the bottom to remove the slide ser 233609