The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 10, 2019, 09:51 PM   #51
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I wonder if any NRA board members follow any of the "gun" forums. Some of them must. They have to see that their organization ... and they as members of the board ... are at an extreme nadir in public confidence. One has to wonder if they're aware of the widespread -- and wider spreading -- discontent among the members and are just choosing to ignore us all and hope we'll eventually go away, of if they are so insulated and so unaware that they actually don't know that a YUUUUGE percentage of the membership thinks they should all either resign or be fired.
Old June 10, 2019, 10:44 PM   #52
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I wonder if any NRA board members follow any of the "gun" forums. Some of them must.
Given the shenanigans of the last four or so years, I wonder if they have any interest in what happens outside a very small echo chamber.
Old June 12, 2019, 01:04 PM   #53
manta49

Quote:
44 AMP
Staff Still, easy to get a suppressor for guns that are kept in an approved shooting club's safe(s) or at a police station? Isn't that the rule over there, now??
No more false news, all firearms have to be kept at the owners address.
Old June 12, 2019, 02:45 PM   #54
Glenn E. Meyer

As far as NRA on forums, several of their upper level folk are involved in some. Cotton is heavily involved in the texaschlforum.
Old June 12, 2019, 02:59 PM   #55
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
As far as NRA on forums, several of their upper level folk are involved in some. Cotton is heavily involved in the texaschlforum.
Is he as tone deaf and defensive there as the recently-reported public statement makes him appear to be

Super-secret squirrel "I could tell but then I'd have to kill you" type statements don't tend to inspire confidence.
Old June 12, 2019, 07:24 PM   #56
Mainah

If the donations go down board loyalty will shift. Based on what I'm ready here that seems likely. The current leadership's best chance at survival will be a D victory in two years. Part of this scrutiny comes because the Obama panic has been over for awhile. I'm sure they've done that math, it'll be interesting to watch their behavior.
Old June 12, 2019, 07:34 PM   #57
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
The result would have been a new and a much farther-reaching assault weapons band and your bump stock poster-child would have also been banned.
So, if that assessment is true, then quite a number of NRA A-rated House and Senate members would have to support a ban, and Donald Trump would have to have been willing to sign it. And Mitch McConnell would have had to clear the way for a vote in the Senate.

So the options appear to be Mr. Cotton is being hyperbolic or the NRA is a paper tiger of moderate use.
Old June 12, 2019, 09:34 PM   #58
seeker_two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
As a former member of that forum, I can tell you that Cotton is a self-important blowhard who has been more of an impediment to 2A rights in Texas than any Democrat through his "leadership" in the NRA and TSRA. The fact that he's now WLP's attack dog only shows that he's in for the political power and not for Constitutional rights....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk