The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 9, 2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Highcountry87

Mloc hand guard covers

I have an FM M-loc hand guard, and was trying to add some covers to make a nice spot for my hand to grip. I tried Magpul type 2 covers. They snap on, and don't seem like they would come off, but they are loose. I try to keep my AR as tight and rattle free as possible, so this bugs me.

Has anyone else had this issue with these covers, and/or have a solution? Are there other covers that fit tight to the hand guard that you would recommend over these?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old August 9, 2018, 01:43 PM   #2
9x19

Duct tape... it comes in camo!

I have some Bravo Company brand snap-in covers on my MLok hand guards and they are nice and snug.
Old August 9, 2018, 03:48 PM   #3
Fishbed77

I've had no problem with the Magpul covers, but I prefer the BCM covers. I'm not a fan of the "tacky" polymer Magpul uses for their covers.
Old August 9, 2018, 10:34 PM   #4
Highcountry87

Duct tape... at first I laughed, then I thought wait, what if I put a strip between the panel and the hand guard. Works perfect, they are nice and snug now, and it helps dampen noise when dropping the bolt, etc.

Hopefully it will hold up to the heat. I will check it, and replace it with heat resistant tape if needed.