The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 10, 2018, 07:36 AM   #26
kmw1954

For us this will not be a SD gun, we have others for that. This will be a range toy that is hopefully easy to shoot all day w/o getting beat up . Because I handload as long as I buy supplies while on sale I can load the 380 for about 9.5 cents a pcs.

We also have a blowback design 380 in the Witness Pavona which also is by no stretch a pocket pistol and she doesn't care to shoot it and would rather shoot her loaded down 45acp.
Old May 11, 2018, 03:23 AM   #27
roscoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn1986 View Post
My wife has arthritis in her hands as well. She has difficulty with it after a couple dozen rounds with her PPS & her P320. We like the EZ, but are hoping that S&W will consider a similar concept in a 9mm. We really don't want to add another caliber to the armory and .380 would not be our first choice for SD.
One of the reasons it is so easy to use is the caliber. 9mm requires a stronger spring (and is correspondingly harder to rack) and recoils more.

The innovation here is combining a bunch of well-known good ideas: it is not blowback, which most .380s traditionally are, so that reduces recoil, the spring, and the difficulty of pulling back the slide; also it has an easy-to-grab slide (with subtle tabs to grab); finally the safety requires no additional movements, but is clearly visible, which might be reassuring for some. I think this pistol is a great idea - 95% of the game is having a pistol you can manipulate well, and fire comfortably and accurately. Caliber is a distant second. I wouldn't feel bad giving one to my mom for home defense. WIth good ammo it is a perfectly reasonable self-defense proposition.

Last edited by roscoe; May 11, 2018 at 03:31 AM.
Old May 14, 2018, 10:53 PM   #28
sigxder

I really like the M&P line. I have 4 of them. 1 rifle and 3 pistols. My buddy broke his wrist badly a few months back. He bought the EZ because it's the most gun he cam shoot right now. It is easy to rack the slide, load the magazine, light recoil, etc.. Yes his is a little loose. But I shot it and it was very accurate at the distances you would use it. And does what Smith made it to do well.
Old May 15, 2018, 11:28 PM   #29
Ibmikey

Sigxder, My experience with my EZ is the same as your friend, the pistol is just easy to operate, reliable and accurate within anti personnel distances. My sight adjusting today found the system to work as designed and took only a few shots to complete. Also the EZ was used to dispatch a couple of Texas feral hogs to never-never land carried in a concealable holster without any discomfort. I enjoy the pistol and commend Smith for designing it.
Old May 16, 2018, 01:16 AM   #30
kmw1954

Just received one yesterday and the wife and I are both impressed so far, hoping to make it to the range tomorrow afternoon.