The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 20, 2007, 03:52 PM   #1
V4Vendetta

Had a little encounter at my shop.

My brother & I were at the shop Saturday doing a little work. My brother went outside for some fresh air. While he was outside he heard a noise at the back of the building. He walked back there & saw some white guy around 5'10" tall wearing a dark blue jacket with the hood on spray painting our building.

The guy saw my brother watching him & bolted through the woods towards the trailer park next door to us. My brother not being stupid, chose not to follow him when he read the graffiti. The guy had wrote in white spray paint "Blood Life" "In memory of Shawn" & "BLOODS".

When we returned to the shop on Monday to find that someone painted over it but the writing was still easily visible.

What should we do? I already asked my brother for a better discription & he couldn't give me one.

Within each one of us there is a inch of hope, of will, of integrity. We must never lose or give away that inch. For within it we are free.
Old March 20, 2007, 04:19 PM   #2
markj

Re paint the wall and forget it. Might want to chain up a mean dog behind the shop worked for us years ago.

We had kids roll the junk tires down the hill, like 30 of them. The dog worked.
Old March 20, 2007, 05:26 PM   #3
jfrey123

Dummy camera out back with a sign that the area is under video survellience?
Old March 20, 2007, 09:57 PM   #4
Slopemeno

The best antidote for graffiti is to immediatly paint over it. I lived in Alameda CA for a while and the city had an anti-graffiti task force that would come around and paint over any that was reported, and it seemed to keep it to the bare minimum.

Some security lights and a CCTV recording on a vcr probaly wouldnt hurt though.
Old March 21, 2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Kennedy124

Mark you have serious problems. You would chain up an innocent animal behind a store all day just to use him has a deterrent.

Coward.
Old March 21, 2007, 04:34 PM   #6
Prophet

Just mount a .50 cal on the top back of the store. Set ya a little dummy on it I surly doubt anyone is going to mess with your store.
Old March 21, 2007, 04:34 PM   #7
Wildalaska

Quote:
You would chain up an innocent animal behind a store all day just to use him has a deterrent.
What is this a PETA Board?

Quote:
Coward.
Nice. :barf:

WildhelpmodshelpAlaska
Old March 21, 2007, 05:37 PM   #8
tony pasley

Do not use a dummy camera because you are impling security and open yourself up to a lawsuit if anything happens behind your shop.
Old March 21, 2007, 05:49 PM   #9
KingofAttendance
Registration in progress

If he was writing something like "in memory of..." then I wouldn't worry about it too much, that was his way of paying respects to his fallen comrades and etc, no harm meant, its just a shame they cant do it somewhere else lol.
Old March 21, 2007, 08:08 PM   #10
ConcealCarryNY

Quote:
Mark you have serious problems. You would chain up an innocent animal behind a store all day just to use him has a deterrent.

Coward.
Way to have a positive contribution to the thread.

As for the OP's question I would say paint over it and call it a day. If it continues contact local PD and try to get guidance.
Old March 21, 2007, 09:10 PM   #11
meanoldman

One of the weird laws in Texas is that you can shoot a tagger-but it has to be at night.
Old March 21, 2007, 09:10 PM   #12
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Coward.

Quote:
Way to have a positive contribution to the thread.
Agreed.

Closed.

Rather than address this privately, I'm issuing a blanket warning. There are far too many new members that seem to think they can come to TFL and post without manners, and without consequences. New members who want to remain new members (or members, period) had darned well better take the opportunity to read or re-read, as the case may be, the forum rules for posting. They mean exactly what they say, and those that ignore them aren't long for TFL.

Then go and read Erick's sticky, "The Pendulum and the Scythe...". That too, means what it says. There was a time on TFL when discussions were serious, on topic, mannerly, and members presented themselves in a mature manner. Lately, I feel like I'm moderating Romper Room.

To the newer (and a few older) members that this applies to, I'm saying this now: Either help us raise the bar, or don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out. It's that simple.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread