The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 26, 2005, 05:16 PM   #51
XavierBreath

Another thing to consider........
If you start going toe to toe with gorillaman, expect Ghetto Mama to be all over you from behind. If you even start to come out ahead, you will be fighting two people who are out of control. Don't expect those other guys to jump to your aid either........
Old February 28, 2005, 08:20 AM   #52
sean85746

Disparity Of Force is something to be considered...after all, the attacker was a LOT bigger than the victim, so it is very possible that deadly force would have been appropriate...only after a blow had been landed. It did seem that the victim attempted to leave, and was pulled back by the attacker.

However, at 6'4" and 350lbs...I would have pulled my sap out of my back pocket and went to slapping the attacker's brains loose! I know... I've seen me do it!

Disparity Of Force wouldn't carry the same weight for someone my size.

Too bad the victim in all this couldn't have got a punch in...on BOTH of them.
Old February 28, 2005, 10:37 AM   #53
Derius_T

XavierBreath wrote:

Quote:
If you start going toe to toe with gorillaman, expect Ghetto Mama to be all over you from behind.
Not if said ghetto mamma was on floor, which is where she would have been after her little poke and slap to face, which would have made me at least semi-ready for the fat man.

Believe me, I do not advocate hitting women by ANY stretch. BUT, the minute someone physically assaults me, sex is no longer an issue. I am simply defending myself from an attacker at that point. This archaic man woman crap needs to go away IN SOME CASES. Some women use that as free reign to beat all over guys, and guy defends himself, and he's a brutal, woman beating beast.....and off to jail you go, just cuz yer a guy. I have seen it happen before....
Old February 28, 2005, 10:53 AM   #54
XavierBreath

DT,
I'm seeing this as a bystander, as the original poster intended in his title, Would You Get Involved? The title itself implies a bystander response for the incident.

Are you saying that, as a bystander, you would have also beat the woman to the floor for poking Cell phone guy? If so, expect gorilla guy to be all over your back. I don't think that's what you meant though, you just diverged the point of view unintentionally, I suspect.
Old February 28, 2005, 11:15 AM   #55
Maxprime

I like to look at these situations from a legal standpoint - I am using Texas law in this situation.

This woman has assaulted you when she pokes you in the face. Although this is definitely assault, you have two choices here. You can hit a woman (doesn't look good no matter who she is) or retreat. The SMART move here is to obviously retreat. If the big guy blocks your exit, you are UNABLE to retreat - at this point you are out of options. You're cornered by two huge people and it's an easy call - warn them that blocking your retreat will force you to defend yourself and if they don't move pull your weapon. If one of them attempts to induce an attack, force is justified.

If you stand here like an idiot (I have to say it - that was dumb), things aren't going to get better for you. He has the option to retreat (so it seems), he should have taken it and gotten pizza down the street or heaven forbid make a sandwich. He's getting out of a few thousand in legal fees, a night in jail, and possibly taking someone's life. It's an easy call.

After watching this and thinking about it, as a bystander I would like to have OC spray. I would OC spray the guy to get him off of the little guy and pull the rag doll out of there. If pursued, I have an angry 300lb. man chasing after me after beating some poor sap senseless - I am attempting to retreat and he is not allowing me, force is justified.

I think that watching some guy get beat within an inch of his life is sickening.
Old March 1, 2005, 11:00 PM   #56
weldonjr2001

There's absolutely nothing I could say about the incident that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say that sick as it made me, it was nothing compared to watching the "apology" GM made and the statement that people should "judge me for the person I am". I just about puked. Classic "oh hell, I'm in trouble so I better talk nice real quick, and maybe the bliss ninnies will actually buy it".