The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 7, 2020, 12:48 PM   #26
USAF Ret

Thanks everyone! Lot's of good comments and options.
Old September 7, 2020, 01:41 PM   #27
Hawg

The S&W Shield 9 EZ is a smooth shooting gun. My wife has one and it is easy to rack, recoil is mild and the mag has tabs on the follower to make loading easier. Takedown can be a bit of a booger til you get used to it. You can't depress the grip safety or pull the trigger. If you do it won't come apart or go back together. If she has a weak grip I would recommend getting one with a thumb safety and taping the grip safety down. My wife has weak wrists from carpal tunnel surgery and the grip safety gives her problems. She has to concentrate and make sure it's depressed before it will fire for her. I used a thin pony tail holder to keep hers down but tape would be smoother.
Old September 7, 2020, 07:04 PM   #28
jetinteriorguy

If it didn’t make the grip too thick for a persons hand they could also use a rubber grip sleeve to depress the grip safety.
Old September 7, 2020, 07:17 PM   #29
JERRYS.

I don't know what her disability is but there is a guy that hosts https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrO...KEsSr2mPx4xwJg. he has a disability with one of his hands but is quite proficient with firearm manipulations given his limitation.
Old September 7, 2020, 07:25 PM   #30
603Country

We have a 380 EZ, and I can’t imagine an easier to handle and softer shooting pistol. That said, if I only had one hand, I believe I could load a revolver, though slowly.