The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 8, 2020, 07:25 PM   #1
AzShooter

My Mark IV and different Loads and barrels.

I took the crowd out today and played a little with loads and accuracy. Off the bench, at 25 yards with the 10 inch barrel I had little problems keeping all rounds inside of 2 inches.

I then shot the 5.5 inch barrel with iron sights at an 8 inch Shoot & See target keeping all shots within 6 inches firing from the sitting position free hand. ( I am either in my wheelchair or sitting when I shoot because I still don't have any upper body strength ( Working On It Though ).

Next came the Bronze setup with the C-More. Again 25 yards but this time I kept then all inside of 5 inch shooting as soon as the dot hit the center of the target.

I tried CCI-Blazer ( The Hottest Loads I had ) Tac 22, and CCI-SV. All groups well). I could see how much my Carolina Crusher Muzzle Brake was working, with all the smoke being deflected straight up but I could really feel the difference in recoil between the Tac 22s, SVs and Blazers.

Next match I think I'm going to use either the SVs or my remaining stash of Eley Club. They shoot better than the SV but I've had a few light sounding loads over the past few months. All bullets did clear the barrel but it makes me worry. It may have just been one box.
Old September 5, 2020, 12:36 AM   #2
Tygus.Shooting

That's a great ensemble you have, AzShooter!

You've assembled a pretty awesome rimfire shooting system there, AzShooter!

From what you've posted, every possible combination appears to be delivering excellent results, and I wish I could have a combo like that!

Here's wishing you all the best in your shooting endeavors --- I'll touch base with you if I ever have to set up a Ruger rimfire for maximum accuracy.

Cheers, my friend!

I love gun control. It lets me hit what I'm shooting at!