The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old July 24, 2021, 06:10 PM   #1
NHSHOOTER

knight inline

just picked up a used knight inline, just wondering what I should start with for bullets. I did get a box of 50gr pyrodex pellets so I would like to start there..
Old July 24, 2021, 06:56 PM   #2
Pahoo

Many options

Nothing wrong with your thinking and if you want to be more conservative, save the pellets for future hunts and starts out with loose powder at 40grns. As far as projectiles, start out with the least expensive conicals. Eventually you may want to go with a saboted projectile and there is quite a variety of them. You can also shoot PRB but eventually will go to a conical or sabotted round. Sorry if I might sound confusing; It's just that there are so many options. Some of which can be expensive. Your rife has the fast twist for conicals and or sabots.

If you are just starting out, might I suggest the Lyman BlackPowder manual by Sam Fadala.

My hunting load is 95grn's of loose powder and a .45 caliber pistol bullet, in a 50 cal. Sabot. This is my Midwest hunting load. ....

Have fun and;
Be Safe !!!