The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 29, 2016, 01:13 PM   #1
donline

Tisas Zigana Sport

Anyone else have one of these? I have a Tisas Kanuni S that is very accurate and reliable. Recently acquired a Zigana Sport. The Sport looks and feels great. Shoots reliably, but consistently low, about 3.5" at 10 yards. Had three friends shoot it as well, one an ex-sniper, all shoot the same. It shoots a consistant pattern, just very low. Most reviews claim it is very accurate, found one review with the same claim. Tisas ([email protected] ) is no help, the new importer, Zenith Firearms http://zenithfirearms.com/contact/ is not much help either. They suggest I take it to a gunsmith, so the onus is on me to fix it. The rear sight needs to be lifted about 1/16 - 3/32" to raise the pattern. It has a dovetail rear sight, guess I will try and find one that is adjustable.

Suggestions?

thanks
Old November 29, 2016, 01:24 PM   #2
Cheapshooter

You didn't mention what ammo you were using. With a fixed sight handgun a heavier, slower round can raise the point of impact.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old November 29, 2016, 05:42 PM   #3
DaleA

I'm a big fan of adjustable sights especially on home defense and range guns...maybe not so much on carry guns because they are usually larger and might snag on something or something else could go wrong with them. Keep it simple for carry would be my advice.

Seems like adjustable sights ARE available on some of the guns so maybe they could be installed on yours.
http://zenithfirearms.com/product/ti...-white-chrome/

Likewise instead of raising the rear sight you could file the front to lower it but that is a permanent solution and I sure wouldn't do it until you had decided on the ammunition you wanted. Even then, I might prefer the adjustable sights.
Old August 9, 2018, 02:33 PM   #4
satx78247

To ALL,

I've fallen heir to a ZIGANA K 9mm pistol & cannot find a suitable LEATHER on-waist-belt holster in LEFT HAND DRAW that fits it.

Anyone have a source??

yours, tex

Tags
tisas , zigana