The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 24, 2009, 11:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: October 13, 2009
Location: nw wyoming
Posts: 1,055
Stoopid question from compooter retard

I dont have any idea what all this stuff is at the top of this typing page and dont want to know.
I would like to use the faces on the right once in a while though. But every time I try, all I get is letters and symbols of some kind or other. How do you do this or is my compooter junk? I didnt see anywhere that told me.
reloader28 is offline  
Old November 25, 2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Mal H
Join Date: March 20, 1999
Location: Somewhere in the woods of Northern Virginia
Posts: 16,412
The box o' smilies at the left is what you're talking about, I assume. When you click on one with your mouse, the code for that smilie is placed at the current location of the text cursor in the composition window. When you submit the post, that code is translated back into the graphic smilie. You can view what the smilie will look like in your completed post by using the "Preview Post" button right next to the "Submit Reply".

By the way, if you want to know what those thingies are up at the top, move your mouse cursor to each one without pressing a mouse button and a short description should be given at the location of the cursor.
Mal H is offline  
Old November 25, 2009, 10:20 AM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: October 13, 2009
Location: nw wyoming
Posts: 1,055
Thank you very much sir.
On my compooter the faces are on the right.
As for the stuff on top here, I read them but I dont know what indents and links and aligns are.
Please dont tell me what they are, unless I really need to know.
Going to give the face a try.

Thanks worked!
reloader28 is offline  
Old November 28, 2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Staff In Memoriam
Join Date: October 31, 2007
Location: Western Florida panhandle
Posts: 11,069
I only use a few of the up top stuff but the 3 letters under the word "fonts" is BOLD italics and underline. Just type 'tween the bracketed letters...

is the "quote" button and...
is a way to post pics straight from your 'puter to the forum but I prefer to use my photobucket account and post links...
Hope this helps further.
hogdogs is offline  
Old December 1, 2009, 12:00 AM   #5
Senior Member
Join Date: October 13, 2009
Location: nw wyoming
Posts: 1,055
Thanks Brent. I was wondering how to do this, just didn't want to feel too stoopid with all the questions yet.
I'm still trying to learn how to spell right!
reloader28 is offline  

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2020 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Page generated in 0.07297 seconds with 10 queries