The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 13, 2018, 06:50 PM   #1
M88

Chiappa SAA 17-10, against my better judgment...

I know... reviews say it's a piece of junk, made of pot metal... jams a lot etc. Well I know somebody at the local range who has been shooting his .17 for over a year with no issues... SO FAR anyway. I didn't have a .17HMR weapon yet and wanted one... just because... and didn't want to spend a ton of money, so pulled the trigger on the Chiappa. It arrived today. Agreed... it LOOKS and FEELS cheap compared to my other wheelguns. Plastic grips, prolly replace those as soon as I find out if it's a keeper or not... it doesn't exude quality like my Vaquero. BUT... then again it's NOT a $600 Vaquero! This gun was $227 from Bud's, AFTER shipping and $20 FFL. So took a chance. Taking it shooting next Tues with a buddy down in Florida, plan on spending an afternoon putting 200 rounds through it and see how it holds up. Will report back and let you know if my gamble paid off or not.