The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 30, 2014, 10:39 PM   #101
Jim243

I am a Septuagenarian that means I have used the old ones and the new ones in all flavors, shapes and sizes. (From Luger, Colt, Browning, Beretta, S&W, Ruger, Astra, Star, Bersa, Taurus, Kimber, High Standard, Iver Johnson, Walther, CZ, Hi-Point, Mossberg, Savage, Armilite, Bushmaster, Marlin, Weatherby and even Remington. And I like the new ones more so than some of the old ones I have owned.

Never tried a Glock (and never will). DAO's are for the birds and it must have a hammer and be at least DA/SA.

I love pistols, but I really love my rifles (comes with old age.)

Jim

Last edited by Jim243; April 30, 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old May 1, 2014, 02:32 AM   #102
griffin12aaa

" Griffin12aaa; you are a bad person...... You must take a stand and decide what you enjoy shooting the most,,,, then just send the rest to me for safe keeping. I am here for you, if you need someone to talk to in a time of question and need,,, hey I am here for you. Ok, I admit it if it goes bang I too like it but I acknowledge my weakness and you must too. You must admit this weakness before you can start the healing process..... ahhh what was the question ??? "

Okay okay I just might have a problem i admit it....
but now that i think about it I kinda like it
Old May 2, 2014, 10:12 AM   #103
Dirty_Harry

My only real handgun bias is for Smith and Wesson revolvers.

Semi autos I have no bias, but........I am really starting to like those HK's.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." -John Wayne
Old May 2, 2014, 03:37 PM   #104
bigarm

I was a 1911 guy, mostly Colts, although I appreciate any good 1911. Really beginning to like my Les Baer UTC. However, I think I am becoming a 3 Gun Guy. After shooting a 3 gun match, I find I am loving it. I still like the 1911's, but think sometime I will HAVE to get a large capacity 1911, but now I am loving the AR's and shotguns that we use also. Find myself thinking - how can I get one more round in my shotgun; which scope would be best on the AR; and those type of things. Warning: DO NOT TRY 3 GUN!!!! You will be dreaming and spending more than ever.
Old May 3, 2014, 10:11 PM   #105
Tactical Jackalope

SIG Sauer

Glock

Heckler and Koch

Smith and Wesson's M&P Series

In that order.
Old May 16, 2014, 11:23 AM   #106
cdbeagle

I don't care for Glock, S&W, and Ruger though I don't have a valid reason. If they were the only thing available then I would gladly own one. I'm partial to CZ's and Colt Snubbies and just bought my first RIA 1911's which I am impressed with.
Old May 16, 2014, 03:23 PM   #107
nc-oldfart

I'm not a any one kind of guy . I have 12 different makes and might have a few more before I kick off and I am a picky out spoken old fart.

Last edited by nc-oldfart; May 19, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old May 17, 2014, 11:12 PM   #108
iraiam

I try not to lock myself into one brand, BUT, I think I may be a Beretta 92 kind of guy, It's my platform of choice for the 9mm, I think I own a total of 7 of them now.

Other than that I have numerous other brands and calibers.

Glock
Ruger Revolvers
Various brands of ARs
Remington, Ruger, Winchester bolt guns.
Various brands of shotguns

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason
Old May 19, 2014, 01:44 AM   #109
jmstr

I tend to be a bottom-feeder type of guy, instead of a rotational dude.

Seriously, I shoot semi's better than revolvers, but I am not brand loyal. I will say I find I am more accurate with single-action semi's [1911 and BHP], but like them all!
Old May 19, 2014, 07:03 AM   #110
stubbicatt

I do the "purr/fart" test. Whenever I pick up a firearm, I listen to see whether it purrs at me or farts at me. I put the one down which doesn't purr.

That said, there are firearms from certain manufacturers which I do not consider, as in the old days they had pretty sorry reputations. Like Bryco, and some others. The manufacturers may have improved them quite a bit, but I wouldn't know. Same for some of the unknown named guns I see about. If I don't recognize the name, typically I will pass.
Old May 19, 2014, 07:24 AM   #111
Jimmy10mm

Eclectic. Glocks, Hi-powers, Colt SAA, Colt Python, S&W Revolvers, Marlin & Winchester rifles ........ Ruger, Sig, Kahr ....... I'm probably missing some, but you get the idea.
Old May 19, 2014, 07:15 PM   #112
SauerGrapes

Love revolvers but only own 1. I'm a semi auto guy, mostly steel guns, but do have some polyguns.

R.I.P.____Murphy
Old May 20, 2014, 12:52 PM   #113
PT-92

I can honestly say I like all things guns to be sure. That said, I have a huge interests in weapons (handguns specifically in this thread but my interests span the gamut) historically speaking. Thus, I tend to favor handguns that have been 1) game changers and 2) aesthetically pleasing from a design perspective.

A few examples here would be the Colt Walker 1847, 1911, German Luger, Walther PPK, Browning Hi Power, Smith Model 29/Colt Python and so on down the line.
Old May 20, 2014, 01:25 PM   #114
eldermike

I like both kinds of guns, single and double action revolvers.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:26 AM   #115
Brotherbadger

I have no clue what type of guy i am. I'm probably more of a semi auto guy, but i have love for the revolver as well.

http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " badger "
Old May 21, 2014, 02:39 PM   #116
RockyTop

Never really thought about it before, but I guess I've been a semi-auto guy. I own semi's in .22, .380, 9m, .45 as well as my AR.

But I did just buy a Ruger SP101 .357/.38 - Even though I've always preferred semi's the one area I was severely lacking was owning a revolver. I do have a Judge but consider it more a toy/novelty.
I had previously viewed revolvers as "old timey" and also didn't care for the lack of capacity. But the last few years I've been admiring them more and also thought there was something to be said for simplicity. No safety. No slide racking. Just a powerful gun that'll go boom everytime.

Right now I feel like I have a full collection....until next time.
Old May 21, 2014, 02:48 PM   #117
dogrunner

Blonds/Brunettes/Readheads........plastic/steel......hell, you could make it out of ceramic & if it shot well enough & took my fancy I'd like it.........

In Hillary's famous words: WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?
Old May 22, 2014, 08:55 PM   #118
Bozz10mm

I'm a Springfield, S&W, Ruger, and Glock kinda guy. I seem to have more Rugers than anything, but S&W is close behind.
Old May 23, 2014, 10:54 AM   #119
JimDandy

I've got a 1911 knock-off in .45 and one in .22. I'll be picking up another in .45 today. I only sort of co-own one revolver, but I do admire them quite a bit, and eventually plan on getting more. The problem with liking all three firearms types is it's very slow collecting. Having just picked up a Browning 725 citori, it gets even a little slower. On the horizon I've got my eyes on maybe Python, or a 686. A 460 is calling to me. An M9A1. As you can see, outside of the 460, all or most of my choices have some long history, especially in law enforcement or military. I really hate regretting a purchase, so I figure if those folks used em for so long, the chances I'll regret one is pretty small.
Old June 3, 2014, 04:27 PM   #120
DATL

I'm a wishy-washy whatever my flavor of the month is guy.
Old June 3, 2014, 07:38 PM   #121
Cheapshooter

what kind of guy are you?

Cheap!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old June 9, 2014, 09:02 AM   #122
Jim243

Quote:
Cheap!
LOL, aren't we all LOL.

Jim
Old June 10, 2014, 12:17 PM   #123
DA/SA Fan

Yea cheap and CZ guy for me. That means that right now I'm a Turkish semi-auto kinda' guy.

I just got into guns after a LOOOONG time living in the People's Republik of New Jersey. I luv the CZ platform of the Tri-Star that is my first gun back. It's the Baby Eagle clone T-120. I will get a smaller C-100 for CC and or car duty, a 40 S&W full size, a 10mm, and a 45 in this platform before I'm done. All Turkish manufactured and all very good quality to price ratio.

I'll probably get a mouse gun, and some big caliber toys in other platforms,( Doesn't everybody need a 50A&E Desert Eagle and a 500S&W revolver?) but pretty much goin' for Turkish CZ's for the foreseeable future.
Old June 10, 2014, 05:54 PM   #124
Have gun-will travel

I love the higher capacity of the semi auto pistols but I would bet my life on a wheel gun anyday.
Old June 10, 2014, 07:43 PM   #125
spacemanspiff

I'm a fat guy.

Though I favor 1911's, I do also appreciate a well built DA/SA semiauto like a Sig or Ruger.