The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 25, 2011, 09:28 PM   #1
slugoo

Tightwad

has anybody been using tightwad in their hand loads. I haven't seen any info on reloading for handguns using tightwad. I've had real good luck using it in 9mm and 38 specials, it's strong, accurate and very easy to use. I've only been using it for the last month but would like to try 45apc next but like I say there is no info on it that I can find.
Old August 25, 2011, 09:35 PM   #2
jepp2

I would guess the main reason you aren't finding any load data is due to the fast burn rate. It is mostly a shotgun powder.

When I want a fast powder I normally use Red Dot or Bullseye. Lots of load data available and been used by many for years.
Old August 25, 2011, 09:42 PM   #3
slugoo

I know it's a shotgun powder, most handgun powder is shotgun powder but I know other people have been playing with it besides me and I'd like what info they have learned.
Old August 26, 2011, 10:26 PM   #4
Nevmavrick

Hmmm, might be interesting. I'd also like to get some imput on Titewad, like something that someone has used, so I know where to start. I'd also like to hear about International Clays.
If you don't, or don't want to use a powder that the factory won't recommend, I respect that...I'm asking if someone has already.
When I started using WW571, It also had no recommendations, and I wanted to know WHY? I now know. There ARE reasons. There ARE recommendations, tho'!
Have fun,
Gene
Old August 26, 2011, 10:41 PM   #5
medalguy

From the title, I thought you were talkling about me!!