The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 2, 2009, 09:36 PM   #1
gundoc1

abercrombie & fitch vedett electronic shot gun

Hi I am looking for info on a strange double barrel 12 gauge shot gun I ran accross it is marked on the barrels vedett on the left barrel and abercrombie & fitch on the right under the fore grip it is marked canon heurtier & cie ste ettienne and has french prooof marks the under lug area is marked brevette tous pays and the reciever is marked brevette electrique and arme electrique I know this gun has an electric trigger group as it does not cock on opening like most hammerless side by sides the reciever is ornately engraved and the break open lever is adorned with gold lightning bolts any help is appreciated also where do the batteries go and what type
Old March 2, 2009, 09:43 PM   #2
triggerhappy2006

WOW, stunned. My apologies.

Last edited by triggerhappy2006; March 2, 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Foot in Mouth
Old March 2, 2009, 09:46 PM   #3
SimpleIsGood229

I highly doubt it needs batteries. Pics would be helpful.

Edit: What have you found out, triggerhappy?
Old March 3, 2009, 11:26 AM   #4
gundoc1

pics link to shot gun

http://www.gunsamerica.com/976991867...TT_SHOTGUN.htm

that is the link this place is close to where I live so I went to look at it real nice but I dont know enough about this thing to make an educated purchase so here I am looking for help thanks .Dave

Last edited by gundoc1; March 4, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old March 3, 2009, 03:03 PM   #5
triggerhappy2006

I jumped to conclusions and assumed that he was another air soft junkie who stumbled onto the wrong forum but I searched the name on yahoo and came across the link gundoc posted, thus foot in mouth.
Old March 4, 2009, 03:23 PM   #6
gundoc1

never ass-u-me

Yep I was just as shocked to learn that this piece uses an electronic trigger group much like the voere rifle or the more modern anschutz rifles made for competittion these days seems some paint ball guns like the higher dollar tippman guns can be retro-fitted with wickedly fast electronic trigger groups . In the case of the anschutz rifle or free pistol I can see the need for a trigger that breaks without pressure from the finger to disengage the sear this would definitely keep groups very small but in the sporting clays game why or how can this possibly help i mean it is after all a scattergun if you fudge a bit your still going to at least hit the clay well any help is appreciated Dave P
Old March 6, 2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Jim Watson

I had an old magazine article about the Fusil Electrique pretty much as you describe. The best I recall, it took a funky French 4.5 volt battery installed under the buttplate.

Also to my recollection, it took electric primers, not meant to shoot standard shells. If there are any of those available 40 years after a gimmick gun flop, I would be surprised.
Old March 7, 2009, 11:30 AM   #8
zippy13

Sounds like it could sit in your safe next to your Gyrojet.
Old March 7, 2009, 06:15 PM   #9
banditt007

needs batteries :barf::barf::barf::barf:
Old March 7, 2009, 10:03 PM   #10
scorpion_tyr

That's just freakin' weird.
Old March 10, 2009, 02:03 PM   #11
Mike U.

Quote:
needs batteries :barf::barf::barf::barf:
Agreed.

But, at the same time, I have to keep an open mind on it. The small arms of the not-too-distant future may well be powered by "batteries" or some future version of that concept.
Old March 10, 2009, 02:15 PM   #12
freakintoguns

wait a minute.... that yuppie clothing company Abercrombie and Fitch makes guns too? cant be.... (i know way off topic)
Old March 13, 2009, 09:50 AM   #13
gundoc1

not off topic

Yep A&F was a real mans sporting goods store at one time . They were a real big outfitter for safari expeditions you could get anything from a marbles game getter to the finest english side by sides . They remained so up til about the late sixties , Ernest Hemingway was a big time customer as were a lot of Hollywood types The gun Hemingway killed himself with was bought from A&F
Old March 14, 2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Ricklin

A+F

I remember years ago seeing an Abercrombie+Fitch store in a mall somewhere. I said oh cool honey, you go shop I will be over there at A+F.
Needless to say, I was disappointed.
Old March 14, 2009, 09:01 PM   #15
freakintoguns

wow, wonder how many of those preppies kids i make fun of in A&F know that about their brand.