The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Closed Thread

Old October 9, 1998, 05:20 PM   #1
Mac Scott

Welcome to the Gunsmithing Forum of the Firing Line.

First, our many thanks to Rich Lucibella for the loads of work it has taken to bring this Forum to fruition. Those of you who've been involved in on-line forums in the past already have an idea of just how much effort must be exerted in such an undertaking.

My name is Mac Scott. I am, along with my business partner, Doug McDougall, co-owner of the gunsmithing firm known as "Scott, McDougall and Associates." Doug and I have been asked to moderate the Gunsmithing forum, so I thought it'd be appropriate if we were to introduce ourselves.

Our company is a full-time gunsmithing and firearms training firm located in Cotati, California. For those curious about where that is, it's in Sonoma County, about sixty miles north of San Francisco, in the heart of California's wine country. I've held an FFL and been active in the firearms business since 1970. Doug and I have been in business together since 1985. We are primarily pistolsmiths, specializing in defensive (as opposed to competitive) modifications to a select group of handguns, primarily the 1911, the Colt .380 (Mustang and Pony), the NAA Guardian and a few others. For more info on us I'd refer you to our website: <a href= http://www.colt380.com > Scott, McDougall and Associates </a> My personal email address is [email protected]. Doug's is [email protected]. Please note that this info is not submitted as a plug, nor will we try to sell you anything via this medium -- just, for what it's worth, letting you know who we are.

We'll be happy to answer any questions put to us regarding firearms within our area of expertise. There will be, I'm sure, other people joining in the forum with expertise in those many areas that we're not involved or knowledgeable in.

Just for info, for the past seven years or more I've been actively involved in the Firearms Forum on CompuServe, which, at least to me, is a pretty good model of what this type of forum should be. If we can have anywhere near the amount of success experienced by those involved in the CIS forum we should have some good time here, indeed.

Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you.

[This message has been edited by Mac Scott (edited 10-09-98).]

[This message has been edited by Mac Scott (edited 10-09-98).]
Old October 9, 1998, 07:16 PM   #2
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Thanks and welcome, Mac. Actually, all the scutt work was done by our webmaster, Zach the wiz!
Rich
Old October 10, 1998, 12:40 AM   #3
EricGT
Staff Alumnus

Great looking site guys. I am always happy to see another gun-related message board open. I am also glad to find someone who does custom work on Guardians. I really like the look of the Novak sites on the Guardian. If you guys get bored your always welcome to drop by my board ,<a href="http://glocktalk.com/" target="new"> Glock Talk</a>, and shoot the breeze with my readers. Don't mind the title, feel free to talk about almost anything. I will also add a link to this site on my gun-links section...Eric
Old October 10, 1998, 06:51 AM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Thanks for the well wishes Eric. You've been a real help to us. Alot of us developed our ideas for firearms sites from your Board.
Rich
Old October 10, 1998, 09:41 AM   #5
Mac Scott

Thanks for checking in, Eric. I went to your site and am more than a little impressed. Added a link there to our site and will ask Doug to reciprocate at ours.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

----Mac
Closed Thread