The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 8, 2000, 10:30 PM   #1
bergie

Have I got a deal for you! My Pheasants Forever chapter is raffling off a 12 guage Browning Gold Hunter.
First off, I would like to say that I contacted Rich and got the okay for this, (thank you very much) and he said that TFL would make a generous ticket purchase, without me even asking him to do so, (thank you even more for your generosity.) I hadn't mentioned it, but was planning on putting his name on a couple of tickets that I purchased if he gave me the go ahead to post it here.
My chapter, the Logan Creek chapter ranked 58th out of 535 chapters in the country (14th out of 52 in the state) for dollars raised and spent on habitat improvement, conservation education, and other programs such as our youth/mentor hunt.

Anyway, here are the details.
Grand prize is the Browning,
1st prize is a matted and framed print by Mark Anderson
2nd prize is a Pheasants Forever gun case.
Ticket price is 1 ticket for $5.
or a book of 6 tickets for $10.
The book of tickets also includes a free drink coupon at the White Dog Pub, in Wayne NE, which I would gladly use for you since I will have to write your name in on your tickets.
The drawing will be held the evening of Oct. 28 (opening day of the NE pheasant season)
The chapter will arrange shipping for any non-local winner, and you need not be present to win. By the way, we have been giving away a shotgun on opening weekend for quite a few years now, and over half the winners have been out-of-state hunters.
If anybody would like to take a chance, and help out the wildlife in the process, e-mail me - [email protected] and I will tell you where to send a check, will fill out your tickets for you, and contact you if you win.
Thankk you,
bergie

Old October 15, 2000, 11:08 AM   #2
bergie

First off, I would like to thank those of you that have contacted me. Good luck to all of you.
NOW FOR THE REST OF YOU!! Come on guys, go read my post about the youth mentor hunt and then tell me with a straight face that this isn't something worthy of your support. Yeah, it might not be local for you, but getting kids interested hunting and shooting started off on the right foot should be important to all of you.
Besides, as much as I would like to be posting here telling Rich that he won the shotgun, I would also have to be telling you guys how much you blew your chance and that it could have been your name that was drawn if you would only cut loose with the price of a box of shells. (By the way, Rich is buying "several" boxes worth, anybody else want to increase their chances?)
To review the raffle, 1 ticket for $5, a book of 6 for $10. Grand prize is a Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge. This is one nice shotgun that sells for around $800. Is $5 or $10 too much for a chance to own one along with helping out on all of the programs PF is involved in??? Still plenty of time to send me a check, just e-mail me for the info on where to send it. [email protected]

bergie