The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 23, 2014, 10:31 PM   #1
jevs

Probls with a Remington 121

I've been trying to get my dads 121 fixed. The original problem was that the ejector wouldn't eject the shells properly. I replaced the ejector, but now it won't feed the shells up into the chamber. I took everything apart and cleaned it really well hoping that would fix the problem but it didn't. It seems like the shells are pinched to hard in between the ejector and the firing pin and it won't release them to feed through. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Old December 23, 2014, 11:56 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am not sure how the rounds could be pinched between the extractor and the firing pin unless the firing pin is not retracting. Is the firing pin spring kinked or missing?

Jim
Old December 24, 2014, 07:12 PM   #3
jevs

I fixed the problem, a lip had developed on the bottom end of the firing pin that caused it to catch and stay forward, causing the shell to get pinched. I filed off the lip and it runs really smooth now. Thanks for your help Jim.
Old December 25, 2014, 11:40 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

That would do it too. Glad to have been of help; even though my idea was not quite correct, at least it seemed to have pointed you in the right direction.

Jim

Tags
ejector , remington , remington 121 , shells won't feed