The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old May 31, 2000, 10:50 AM   #1
NemoCaufield

Question on zeroing a Bushmaster shorty ak. I followed the direction in my manual and on ar15.com
I left the front post alone and centered windage and put the rear sight elevation on 8/3 plus one click up using the smaller aperature using a 25 meter range. I fired a couple of shots adjusted windage and I had 1" groups. This was with all the above set. I thought that zeroing a 25 meters would set up my rifle for a 300 meter battle sight. So I then placed the target again at 25 meters. I clicked the rear sight elevation to 8/3 and put up the larger aperture meant for short range shooting from 0-200 meters. Then my shots for the 25 meters were way off. What did I do wrong? I thought that by doing the 25 meter zeroing my rifle would be good for all ranges? what happened?
Old May 31, 2000, 12:33 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

This is a repeat of a post in Rifles forum: http://www.thefiringline.com/NonCGI/...ML/002791.html

Mykl has given a response there so that one should be the ongoing thread. George, please lock this one.