The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 16, 2012, 09:21 AM   #1
pa916

Help Identify Italian made O/U

I have an Italian O/U with no name? Matkings include a shield with ARMERIA across the top and SG in the center. There is also a matching shape brass shield attached to the butt stock edge with no inscription. It is nicely engraved floral large narrow leafs in a circular pattern with small flower pedals in the center, with INC. B.P. stamped near the trigger guard. Proof marks seem consistent with Gardone VT, and Gardone VT is stamped on the barrel, along with XXIV which I assume to be 1968. On the butt pad is embossed with a dog and lady with a bow holding a bird with an arrow through it.
other markings include, ACCIAIO BOEHLER, on the barrel, INITI stamped, KG1.430, KG 18.4, a Y all by itself, 2 on the top barrel, and 3 on the bottom
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know how to attach pictures, but will e mail to anyone interested in solving this
Old October 16, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2
Doyle

Acciaio means steel in Italian. Boehler is an Austrian barrel manufacturer that sells to lots of small gun companies. Armeria is a type of flower, which explains the floral logo. There is a company called Armeria Tucci that produces custom firearms. Perhaps that is what you have. There are literally dozens of small, independent Italian and Spanish firearms companies that turn out over/unders. Some of them are excellent, others are quite good, and many are sub-par. Good luck in your search.
Old October 22, 2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Lock Stock

If you can email me the pictures (via my profile here), my mate imports many makes from Italy and I can run them passed him to see if we can get an answer for you.

Cheers,

Bren.