The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 16, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1
g.willikers

Pedersoli target grade Remington revolver

Has anyone ever hankered for a really good quality cap and ball revolver?
If so, check out this one.
Forged frame, matched cylinders to barrel, target grade innards and precise dimensions.
It's supposedly somewhat affordable, too.
Drool, drool.
Anyone know if it's available in the US and how much it costs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cHm...ature=youtu.be
Old May 16, 2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Andy Griffith

Here you go, from Cherry's down in NC, toward the bottom of the page for about $850.

http://www.cherrys.com/ped_pist.htm

IIRC, Pedersoli bought the Euroarms equipment and these are Pedersoli's evolution of their revolver line, and parts should interchange.

I'm glad I bought a Euroarms Rogers & Spencer when I did, as Pedersoli's price on it has gone astronomical.
Old May 16, 2012, 02:32 PM   #3
g.willikers

Thanks for the reply.
For a target grade gun, the price of $850 isn't all that crazy.
But it's still a lot; guess I'll continue to enjoy my old Pietta.
Old May 16, 2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Hawg

If I was going to pay 850 I'd get an original.
Old May 17, 2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Doug Bowser

My $.02's worth. I have an Uberti Remington 1858 w/8" barrel in .44 caliber. I have never had it malfunction and it shoots like a .38 target revolver. I would buy another Uberti in lieu of the Pedersoli's price.

Doug
Old May 17, 2012, 06:14 PM   #6
kwhi43

Hate to burst anybody's balloon, but these are not what we use at the Nationals in the Revolver Champiobships. There the upmost accurcy is required. I would not handicap myself using one of these. Sorry, that's the facts.
Old May 17, 2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Hawg

Those guns in the Nationals barely resemble guns anyway. I would imagine they and the Pietta shooters model would do very well in traditional matches.
Old May 17, 2012, 08:45 PM   #8
mykeal

I believe the replica most used by the international match shooters is the Feinwerkbau.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:49 PM   #9
Andy Griffith

These would be some of the finest "stock" revolvers money can buy. I agree, the competition guns I've seen posted on here are highly modified frankenguns out of some crazed steampunk's laboratory.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:05 PM   #10
kwhi43

Yep, they sure look crazed. Here's mine. This is what I will be using in 3 weeks. I will just say, it is NOT what it appears to be. Looks can be deceiving

Old May 17, 2012, 10:14 PM   #11
Hawg

Now that looks good. I was expecting something like your single shots.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:41 AM   #12
Shotput79

I don't see the need to spend all that kindof money for those pistols. I believe my old 89 Pietta 58 RNA will shoot just as good with the same loads as they were using. When I first got that gun I didn't know anything about cap and ball pistols and every one I knew that shot firearms wouldn't trust it enough to shoot it with me. So after doing my homework and reading up on them and trying different loads and ball sizes I finly started getting the hang of it. So far that first Remmie 58 NA is the best bp pistol I've ever owned. It is still tight as a drum I found out I didn't have to use a large amont of powder to have a pistol that would shoot in the same hole on the target. Some of the newer models I've bought are not put together as well as this one. Maybe I just got lucky with that one. I was looking at a Uberti at the gunshop the other day and thought about grabbing that one up but that little small voice inside me kept saying "you don't need it, you don't need it" so I left it setten there.. If you can get a good one a Piette or Uberti I believe I'd try holding on to it. I will say this the writing on the side of the barrel of my Piettas hasn't hurt the way they shoot one bet. I agree the Uberti with the writing under the barrel do's make for a pretter gun but for the money you can almost get two fine shooting Piettas for the price of one Uberti. Both are proned to having the same brake down problems. All you haft to do is fix um. Say you don't know how, well there's folks right here on this fourm that can walk you through most anything you need to know. Don't ask me how I know . I'll get off my soap box now. Thanks for hearing me out. Hope we're still friends.

Dell

Last edited by Shotput79; May 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 03:49 AM   #13
arcticap

An article about Pedersoli's 2011 European Champion Edition Remington clearly explains why it's one of the finest Remington target revolvers in the world.
The Pedersoli match grade barrel has precision button rifling with special button polished grooves that promotes accuracy during extended firing with minimal fouling. The barrel/chamber tolerances are very exacting and even the gap is so perfectly tight that 8 cylinders worth of shots were fired during testing without any binding. The internal components are also well polished. The fact that it beat all of the other well established rival guns at the 2011 European Championships only goes to show what a fine pistol it really is.

Click on the link below to read Pedersoli's Black Powder Magazine Issue #8. The cover article about their new Remington 2011 European Champion Edition begins on Page 21:

http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/uplo...te/6dpmag8.pdf

Last edited by arcticap; May 19, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 04:59 AM   #14
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Quote:
davide-pedersoli.com/uplo...te/6dpmag8.pdf
Curious. I noticed in this link posted by arcticap there are commercially made paper patched bullets pictured in the article. Are those available here in the States?