The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old January 24, 2012, 10:43 PM   #76
warbirdlover

Quote:
Yeah, and it was written by the guide (not the hunter as you claimed) with no outside confirmation.

By the way, great violation of copyright laws on posting the article illegally.

Double Naught Spy
Well if you could comprehend what was written you'd know that the hunter and the guy that took the pictures and wrote the article was NOT the guide. They are both members of the same "team". But you were right that I shouldn't have posted the article. I just did it for those who couldn't follow the links.

Old January 24, 2012, 11:45 PM   #77
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Last known the skull was waiting a drying period and then was to be measured. Go in the link to the website of the guy who shot it (in my last post). It gives should give some info in there (but doesn't).
Let's see, the wolf was shot in May of 2009. By January of 2010, reports on the internet say that the skull skull drying.
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread...hreadid=331468

Two years have passed since then. Two years are not required to dry a skull. Where is all the publicity and announcements about how this is a world record sized wolf or even close to being a world record? Do you think that given the lack of independently confirmed data (exclusive from what is reported by the guide and hunter) that maybe the wolf isn't as claimed? This, despite having more than enough time, years in fact, to get information such as weight and external measurements and then to properly render the skull for measurement. Do you think that they are hiding the record for some reason?
Old January 24, 2012, 11:45 PM   #78
Alaska444

Dear warbirdlover,

I had no problems opening the links and I appreciate the work you went through finding them. They look like legitimate pictures on a copyrighted website that I doubt would deliberately post a hoax, not that folks haven't done that even to big publishers like the NYT etc., but it looks like it is good stuff so to speak.

I think the issue is really settled, but some folks ain't going to believe what ever you post. The word from folks in the woods in Idaho is that these are huge beasts that don't belong up in Idaho. One look at the pictures is enough to show why.

Thank you again for all of the trouble you went through bringing that article to us.

God bless, Alaska444
Old January 25, 2012, 12:18 AM   #79
warbirdlover

Yeah, I guess everyone's made their points and we'll just leave it at that. Most of it was interesting and fun. One day I'll get a pic of that big black alpha wolf chasing a deer by me!!
Old January 25, 2012, 12:29 AM   #80
Irish B

Alaska is absolutely correct. The wolves that were introduced into Yellowstone were a completely different subspecies. Different subspecies have distinctly different size ranges but more importantly temperaments. This drastically changes the ecosystem in that environment. The larger more predatory wolves obviously have a larger impact on prey species. Interestingly enough though the wolves in Yellowstone have had a positive effect. The elk were and still are very overpopulated in some areas causing severe distruction to the plant life. When the wolves were introduced it culled the elk population. This in turn caused vegetation to make a come back and we smaller wildlife such as beavers and birds thriving. Elk are a far more distructive species than wolves are. To the environment that is. Also studies have found that grizzly populations have actually increased since the introduction of wolves in yellowstone when antiwolf advocates said the opposite would happen. This is because grizzlies are scavenging kills from wolves. Because of this more grizzly cubs are coming of age.

Spy I think it's very clear why the giant wolf hasn't been released to the public. It's a government cover up! It's clearly a genetically altered werewolf!

Last edited by Irish B; January 25, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old January 25, 2012, 08:38 AM   #81
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Circles. Dizzy spells. Sagging horse...
Closed Thread