The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old May 26, 2005, 04:06 PM   #1
shooter_john

New gp100

My wife got me a new to me 6" GP100 for our first anniversary - It is super sweet and shoots very well; apparently the original owner did a fine job of breaking it in. The only thing I dont like about it is the grips. I absolutely hate the Ruger grips, Hogue monogrips are too small for my hands and the set of Pachmyer grippers on it now are OK at best. Can anyone suggest a good set of inexpensive wood grips that I can get. I will only be shooting this gun for my own enjoyment, so I don't want to break myself for grips, but I would like a good set of attractive grips for my new sweetheart.
thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old May 26, 2005, 08:27 PM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

Hogue sells a pretty good variety of grips for the GP100. You might check their website to see if any look good.

Seems like someone used to make some Bill Jordan Combat grips. I don't know if they were made for the GP100, but I think if they did and you can find a pair, they'd be big enough for you.

Another option is to make your own if there's nothing out there that works for you.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:13 PM   #3
Majic

The price of a nice set of stocks may sound like a lot, but if you plan on keeping the revolver (since it is a special gift) then over the long run it's a cheap improvement.
Consider a set of Herrets which can be custom ordered to fit your hand.
http://www.herrett-stocks.com/index-2.html#contents