The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 13, 2017, 07:54 PM   #1
jcowan

Pedersoli shotgun barrels

A friend is giving me a few Pedersoli side by side 29" barrels. They are stamped with 1 1/4" shot 12 G, 89 grains black powder. Is there a source to buy the lock and stock? They are still packaged with the ramrod but I'm not sure that I can do anything with them if the rest of the gun parts are not available. Thank you for any help.
Old December 13, 2017, 08:06 PM   #2
Lee44ShooterCnB

I would try
https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/sh...edersoli+Locks
Old December 13, 2017, 09:00 PM   #3
jcowan

Thank you. I see the locks there. I will call them tomorrow about the stock etc. Thanks again.
Old December 13, 2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Oliver Sudden

The locks and stock with the rest of the parts will be close or more then the cost of a complete shotgun. If you can find a shot gun that has bad barrels there will be a good use.
Old December 13, 2017, 09:11 PM   #5
jcowan

Thats what I was afraid of. There are 6 of them, they were free and that might be exactly what they are worth
Old December 13, 2017, 11:33 PM   #6
TruthTellers

Cabela's occasionally has the Baker Cavalry shotgun for sale and the longer barrels will fit on the stock. There you'll have the shorter barrels for "close encounters" and the longer barrel for the pheasant hunt.

Could also get the Howdah, which also goes on sale on occasion for much less than the Baker does, but it doesn't have a buttstock. Pedersoli does make a detachable buttstock for the Howdah pistols, but they're $250.

At least going that route you could have the 20 gauge pistol, the 20 gauge short barrel shotgun, and then the long 12 gauge barrel all on one platform for the same price as just one complete Pedersoli shotgun.

I'd put the extra barrels on gunbroker or ebay. People like me who wouldn't mind having all the different barrel lengths and can score a deal on one of the 29" barrels would be happy.
Old December 14, 2017, 09:26 AM   #7
noelf2

Quote:
At least going that route you could have the 20 gauge pistol, the 20 gauge short barrel shotgun, and then the long 12 gauge barrel all on one platform for the same price as just one complete Pedersoli shotgun.
Not sure there'd be any guarantee that the 12 gauge barrels would fit on a 20 gauge tang... Even if a miracle happened and they would fit, I sincerely doubt the cones would line up with the hammers.

You might give these folks a call. http://www.flintlocksetc.com/ They claim to be the only US distributor that stocks Pedersoli parts.

Last edited by noelf2; December 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old December 14, 2017, 12:14 PM   #8
Pahoo

Restore one, sell or trade five !!!

Quote:
A friend is giving me a few Pedersoli side by side 29" barrels. They are stamped with 1 1/4" shot 12 G, 89 grains black powder
Six !!!
That is really neat and if they were mine and of course they are not, I'd pick out the best barrel and sell the rest to a parts guy. I'll bet Dixie of whomever would be interested. I'd use that money to pay for the parts that were needed, to finish the one you keep. I do stuff like this all the time and some really take time to restore. I never worry about coming out ahead as my time costs me nothing .....

Be Safe !!!
Old April 14, 2018, 04:42 PM   #9
ZPowell

If you have any left that you would be willing to sell I'd be interested in a set!
Old April 14, 2018, 04:58 PM   #10
jcowan

They are gone, have been for months.