The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 24, 2010, 02:48 PM   #1
totaldla

Update on 329pd light strikes and S&W Customer Service

9 day turn-around - much faster than I expected. S&W replaced the firing pin and hammer. Also touched up some nicks in the finish.

I'm happy. I put 100rnds through it and it always goes BANG. The new firing pin is larger diameter and the firing pin indents are significant - no doubt the primer got whacked. S&W also smoothed up and lightened both the SA and DA trigger action - very nice of them to do that as I didn't request it (I hinted a little). At the advice of many others, I put the X-Frame Hogue on immediately, so the 100 rounds was not a life-altering event Smiley But the Hogue does increase the reach to the trigger - not a good solution for folks with smallish hands. I've never fired a round with the pretty wood grips, nor do I intend to. I'm presently working up loads trying to hit the 240gr XTP @1300fps mark and/or 255gr CP @1200fps - neither are easy from a 4" barrel. Neither are probably necessary either, but it is part of the learning process.

I picked up some surprisingly nice nylong holsters from a Colorado company called AMS. The top-flap holster is perfect for keeping crud out when I'm crawling through the brush, and it wont turn green/white from fungus. I bought 3 different holsters and spent a total of $50. Not "Made in China" doo-doo, - they are well made.
Old February 24, 2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Webleymkv

Glad to see that S&W took good care of you. Service like that is the reason that I continue to buy their products (I've had similar experiences with their CS).
Old February 24, 2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Technosavant

Glad they took care of you. Nine day turnaround and they really cleaned up more than just the issue you reported.

Care to retract anything about your previous thread?
Old February 24, 2010, 09:40 PM   #4
ewayte

I tried the X-frame grip on my 325TR and all I can say is you can't spell HUGE without Hogue!

9 day turnaround - that wasn't so bad was it? The two times I have sent revolvers back for service, they returned right on the heels of the letter saying they received it.
Old February 25, 2010, 01:22 AM   #5
Model-P

Quote:
The two times I have sent revolvers back for service, they returned right on the heels of the letter saying they received it.
I've sent my new 438 back to them twice, and the last time the gun got here the day before I got the receipt letter! They are super fast, but, unfortunately, it shows.