The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 27, 2010, 03:15 AM   #1
bamaranger

RCBS Chargemaster Combo as gift!!!!!!!!!!

Previously, I never had the need to work up large quantities of centerfire rifle ammo. A couple boxes for the hunting season was usually sufficient. Typically I used a pair of Lee dipper sets to get close, and trickled the exact charge weight I desired. Bulk ammo, like 'o6 FMJ for the Garands, was done straight from the dippers.

When I began to shoot F-TR, and needed bulk, precise .308 for matches, things got very tedious, quickly. Production lines were established w/ the whole family involved in case prep, charging, bullet seating, etc.

Bamawife conspired w/ some shooting buddies to get me a Chargemaster Combo as a Christmas gift. After years of working from dippers, a scale and a trickler to load rifle ammo, I can now dispense charges at the push of a button. Incredible.

Christmas night I loaded about every primed case in the joint. Guys, if you have ever thought about one of these devices, I will tell you now, get one!
Old December 27, 2010, 08:34 AM   #2
furtaker

I have had one for over a year. I love it!!! My groups have tightened up as well!
Old December 27, 2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Christmas night I loaded about every primed case in the joint. Guys, if you have ever thought about one of these devices, I will tell you now, get one!

I've said before that the first time you use one of those it's like a light shines down from heaven and a choir breaks out into hymns.

The chorus must have been truly impressive on Christmas day!

I seriously can not imagine loading rifle rounds without one.
Old December 27, 2010, 11:16 AM   #4
Tuzo

Have used my ChargeMaster Combo for the past 3 years. No hiccups, no errors, no muss, no fuss, and accurate as any beam scale. Used to check every tenth round with a beam scale but now check at the beginning, middle, and end of a reloading session. The auto dispense feature has a nice friendly little beep.

No heavenly revelations yet but the dispenser works like manna (or powder) pouring from the sky.
Old December 27, 2010, 11:27 AM   #5
golfnutrlv

Bamarange,

I got one under the tree as well!!! It's awesome, and I love it. I loaded 64 rounds of .30-06 for my Garand on Christmas too. Flew through 100 .223 rounds yesterday as well!!
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old December 27, 2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Jim243

Congrats and welcome to the club, now just start looking for deals on bulk powder.

Marry Xmas.
Jim
Old December 27, 2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Saltydog235

Got one myself about a month ago and it makes things sooooo much easier. I loaded about 60 rounds of my 7mm-08's pet round last night. Only have about 190 primed cases to go for it. All my 06 brass is stoked full and the next bunch will be for the 7mm Mag. Then its on to the .243, I just have to get the rifle that I want.