The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 4, 2002, 01:23 PM   #1
AndABeer

Pistol sight substitutions?

Must have fondled the EAA Witness about a hundred times. Like the way it feels. Like the idea of having a Bren Ten like pistol for less than 1000, less than 400 for that matter. However, I cannot get past those sights. They suck and not in a good way. I have often stated that I wish EAA would start using the Bren hump at the rear of the slide so that a sight set used for a different pistol design could be substituted. Not likely to happen. It has occured to me recently however that there are other sights than might be employed for an EAA project. The adjustable BHP sights have always been pretty ugly to me as they stick up rather high above the slide but they might be useful for my purposes. Has anyone had much luck with sight substitutions?

"You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts." Unknown
Old August 6, 2002, 09:35 PM   #2
Bompa

Chances are LPA makes a set for the witness..
Old August 6, 2002, 10:49 PM   #3
railroader

http://cdnninvestments.com/sights.html Here's mecgar(LPA) low profile and target sights for witness pistols cheap. Mark