The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 3, 2020, 04:08 PM   #1
Mannlicher

SIG p290 rs

Found a deal on two of these little 9mm pistols the other day. Boxes, papers, three mags, locks, Tritium sights and holsters. $525 for the pair. Triggers are going to take some getting used to, but both are quite accurate at 7, 10 and 25 yards. They like 115 grain best. My first SIG Sauer pistols.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old May 3, 2020, 04:14 PM   #2
dph1980

I had one for a little while but it was never my favorite gun. It was dependable as could be though. That's a good price for 2 guns.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old May 3, 2020, 08:56 PM   #3
indie_rocker

I have one that I still carry regularly. The trigger is not an issue for me. Just a long DA pull. It is, like was stated, incredibly accurate for it's size and handles recoil well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old May 3, 2020, 09:46 PM   #4
franco45

Good deal. I had a 9mm and a 380. Wish I would have kept them.
Old May 4, 2020, 09:13 AM   #5
jar

I still have both the 9mm Parabellum and 9mm Kurz versions.

Old May 4, 2020, 03:01 PM   #6
Worc

I agree that you got a great deal. I like mine and prefer the 8 round magazine at all times. It allows me a full grip which I like. Mine has been perfect so far with any type of factory ammo. Mine does not like my reloads at times even though none of my other 9's have issues with them. Not a biggie as it likes the HST's that I carry.

Old May 5, 2020, 06:55 AM   #7
rodfac

Great price on the pair. I've had the original, 9mm, non-RS model for six years now, carried for 4, and found that it was just fine out to 15 yds or so for CC use. Mine was absolutely reliable with anything I put through it, including my own 124 gr LSWC cast bullet reloads. I found that it did better with 124 gr loads than the usual 115's.

I bought it used, and had the front sight go out six months later, but Sig replaced it, sending me a pair of the sights in case I broke one while tapping the new one into place. They did offer to have it done at the factory, on their nickle including shipping, but I elected to do it myself. I have a sight pusher, so no problem there.

While I feel the gun is too heavy for true pocket carry in warmer months, it rides nicely in an OWB of my own making. Takedown is a PITA, but gets easier with some practice. And the trigger is more like a revolver's long DA pull, but again, no problem for me as I've been a revolver DA shooter for just over 50 years now. Incidentally, I found that I shot with the shorter mag just as accurately as I did with the longer one, after some practice.

Hope you like the guns, they're a fine choice for carry once you master the trigger. Best Regards, Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Last edited by rodfac; May 5, 2020 at 07:02 AM.