The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 6, 2011, 11:38 PM   #1
Redfishxd

Ruger mark III 22/45 disassembly issues

I just purchased a new mark III 22/45. I brought it home, read disassembly instructions and did not drop bolt stop pin before pulling bolt back. Now the main spring housing will only come out about a quarter inch or so and the magazine will not go in smoothly or eject without having to manually remove it . The slide release also does not function properly and the trigger will not reset. Needless to say I have a boogered up pistol that has never even been fired. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old August 7, 2011, 04:17 PM   #2
ausher

point the barrel to the ground while holding the trigger. tap barrel with a plastic mallet or screwdriver handle. may have to tap it prety hard to get the hammer to fall foward, but it will work and the mainspring will pop loose.

i suggest doing the mag safety disconnect mod to it so you dont have to have the mag in to disassemble it.
Old August 9, 2011, 05:49 AM   #3
Redfishxd

Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to get mod you suggested. It will simplify disassemble/ reassemble greatly.