The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 8, 2006, 04:47 PM   #1
tollfree969

1300 Barrel??

I really want to buy a 28" barrel for my Winchester 1300 defender that has an 18" barrel. I have been told that the defender model cannot interchange barrels. Is there an aftermarket company that makes them. Is there a safe way to retro fit a barrel. If it is over $100 dollars I might as well buy a new 870 for $230. Thanks for the help.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
Old January 8, 2006, 06:27 PM   #2
BPShunter

I've bought some different barrels for several different guns. What I have found is that most barrels are not cheap, and never under $100. If you really enjoy the 1300 defender spend the extra money. But it sounds like your best bet is just to go with a new gun with the 28" barrel anyway. But you can be picky, If you like the 1300, stay with winchester. They are very reasonable, and retrofitting a barrel probably isn't much cheaper.
Old January 8, 2006, 08:05 PM   #3
tollfree969

Thanks for the help. That is pretty much what I figured. I love the winchester, but my dad has an 870 and it is also quite nice. I like variety in guns but you might be on to something as well. Thanks again.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.