The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 26, 2005, 07:47 PM   #1
GLP Standard

Copsplus.com

Wow, dont ever order from Copsplus.com. Has anyone ever dealt with them?

Heres my story...on December 4th I placed an order from these guys for a Fobus holster and a Fobus double magazine holster. A few days later, I got an email stating that these items were in stock, and would ship within 2-3 business days through regular priority mail. I waited a week after the 3rd day, and nothing came. So I emailed them, and a couple days later, I got an email stating that due to the holiday rush, their website hasnt been updating, and that my items were not in stock, and they had to have them shipped to their warehouse from the Manufacturer, which would take 4-6 weeks, and then they would ship them out to me.

Well, this got me pretty pissed off, but I decided to let it go, and figured they would get here when they get here. I emailed them again about a week later, asking the status on them, and they said that they were still backordered. I checked my status online yesterday (Christmas) and they FINALLY updated it. It said they were backordered and were expected to ship this wednesday. FINALLY....some hope that I might get them in a week...but I just checked it again, and they changed it from this Wednesday, to January 4th....yay!!!

Maybe I'm just being impatient here, but damn....you would think it would take less time than a month to ship out 2 simple items, or atleast update the order status page. Im not even sure if theyre shipping a week from wednesday from their manufacturer, or from the warehouse. If its from the manufacturer, which it very well might be, I probably wont get them for another 2 weeks after that atleast.

Am I overreacting? Maybe I just got unlucky, and they ran into some problems with my order. Either way, I hope this isnt how they always do business.
Old December 26, 2005, 11:40 PM   #2
rex

GLP, I don't think you are over reacting. Personally I feel that a company should notify you immediately of any delay and keep you posted on when the item will arrive. They should also give you the option of canceling your order when they know it is going to be a while.
Old December 27, 2005, 12:10 AM   #3
Avizpls

Ditto. Ordered OCTOBER 25th.

Still not here.

Was told via email (the one of about ten that they replied to) that they were neither taking nor recieving calls (i had asked to speak with someone)

Filing paperwork with credit card company litterally right now.

AVOID THEM at all costs.
Old December 27, 2005, 10:47 PM   #4
Wildcard

I am having problems as well with them. Here is a number that was emailed to me by their Customer service dept. Good luck with getting someone.

718 267 7026 ext 24
Old December 30, 2005, 04:52 PM   #5
GLP Standard

Well I finally got my holsters today, so I'm happy. It said on my status page that they werent even expected to ship out until next wednesday, so I dont think this company knows what they're doing. Atleast now you guys know that this company isnt a scam, and you will eventually get yours as well. Good luck to you!
Old December 30, 2005, 10:08 PM   #6
grimjaw

I've only made one purchase with them, for Safariland speedloaders. I received them within a reasonable amount of time. I only sought them out because of the price on speedloaders, though. Couldn't say they'd be my first choice.

jmm