The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 20, 2019, 06:19 PM   #1
Snowleopard2

.223 rcbs hand trimmer collets and mandrills

I’ve acquired a rcbs case trimmer (not powered ) but I don’t have the collet or mandrills for it

Can anyone advise the part numbers and a reliable website I could order them from

Case sizes are .223

May also reload .243

Your help would be appreciated

I’m new to this reloading

Bought the manual rcbs case trimmer on eBay but no collets or mandrills!!!

Regards Pete
Old February 20, 2019, 06:53 PM   #2
hounddawg

not familiar with the product but I went to Google typed in "RCBS case trimmer mandrel" and this was first link. Is this what you need ?

https://ads.midwayusa.com/s?userSear...oading%20Tools
Old February 21, 2019, 10:00 PM   #3
big al hunter

If you purchased a "Trim Pro" you will need to search for the shell holders. RCBS put out a new model that has a universal case holder. So the shell holder plates are no longer stocked at most stores around here.

You don't need to throw it through a window in anger though, the new holding mechanism fits the old body.. And it costs about as much as 5-6 of the old shell holders . I still find the old shell holders now l then, so that is a possibility. But if you will be trimming multiple calibers save yourself the headache and get the universal attachment. I think I saw it at Midway USA.

You also need the pilot for each caliber you trim with it. And cutter heads are easily replaced.
Old February 21, 2019, 10:03 PM   #4
big al hunter

Oh, and welcome to the forum!! Didn't notice that this is your first post. Come back with any other issues, if you have any. This is a helpful bunch.