The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 17, 2016, 03:23 PM   #1
mrcharlie3531

Shipping question about palmetto state armory ups ??

I waited 8 business days for my firearm to ship. No problem, psa was up front front with their shipping delay. It shipped on wed via 2nd day ups air. UPS tracking had it scheduled to arrive on Monday 12/19. It arrived early at my local ups hub today 12/17. 3:00am. I am thinking outstanding, I will get it earlier than expected. Ups tracking website says "Held for future delivery" at 5:00 am. (should of been on truck for delivery) I am lost here, is ups so overwhelmed? Is ups trying reduce/alleviate their work load. until the scheduled delivery date. I know it's the holidays. Looking for input. Charlie
Old December 17, 2016, 04:13 PM   #2
TunnelRat

I feel like you should call UPS and they're likely to have a better answer for you than this forum.
Maintain situational awareness
Old December 17, 2016, 04:36 PM   #3
dogtown tom

Quote:
mrcharlie3531 .....It shipped on wed via 2nd day ups air. UPS tracking had it scheduled to arrive on Monday 12/19. It arrived early at my local ups hub today 12/17. 3:00am. I am thinking outstanding, I will get it earlier than expected. Ups tracking website says "Held for future delivery" at 5:00 am. (should of been on truck for delivery) I am lost here,
All carriers prioritize delivery. A "Next Day" package>2nd Day>3Day Select>Ground.

Quote:
Is ups so overwhelmed?
Uh....Christmas is a week away. USPS/UPS/FedEx are all overwhelmed. Happens every year at this time.

Quote:
Is ups trying reduce/alleviate their work load.
No, they are being efficient. It doesn't reduce their workload at all since more than a half billion packages to be delivered is still a half a billion packages. UPS will deliver 28-36 million packages just on December 20th

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old December 17, 2016, 04:39 PM   #4
HippieMagic

They never deliver firearms on a weekend do they? I've always seen "weekday delivery" on the instructions on the ones I've ordered.
Old December 17, 2016, 05:19 PM   #5
Technosavant

I've seen it happen with regular deliveries. Sometimes, if it gets to the delivery depot early, they'll sit on it for a day because it doesn't have to be there yet. Then again, I've also seen them go ahead and deliver it early if they're coming by anyway, even going ahead and delivering packages they'd normally hand of to the USPS because they had another one they were bringing by anyway.

Basically, they'll do whatever's the most economical choice for them, not necessarily what might be the most convenient thing for you.
Old December 17, 2016, 06:56 PM   #6
shootbrownelk

Patience is a virtue.
Old December 17, 2016, 07:01 PM   #7
Kreyzhorse

You'll have it Monday. This the season.
Old December 17, 2016, 07:12 PM   #8
tahunua001

UPS is really weird about not shipping early I had a package recently that spent almost a week at the hub closest to the shipper, and then in less than a day it made it to the hub closest to me then it disappeared for nearly a week before being delivered on the day it was supposed to be delivered. it's a UPS thing, not really a PSA thing.
Old December 17, 2016, 07:48 PM   #9
O4L

I live less than a mile from a UPS hub. They always hold my package until the delivery date if it arrives early. If I want it early I just go pick it up.
Old December 18, 2016, 01:55 AM   #10
mrcharlie3531

Thank you
Old December 18, 2016, 11:25 AM   #11
heyjoe

palmetto state armory is very slow to ship. ive ordered ammo from them and other sites on the same day and have waited a week more for delivery from them than the other sites

Last edited by heyjoe; December 19, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old December 19, 2016, 04:48 PM   #12
weblance

As far as I know, UPS only delivers Mon-Fri. Maybe firearms are different... I dont know.