The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 2, 2013, 11:28 AM   #26
745SW

“the angled mark you circled is just an artifact from the broaching process they used to make the cut for the extractor.”

Agreed. I took a look at one of my G19C gen3 having a SN starting with DEP, late 90’s, that has virtually no mileage/rounds, has the same line mark. I am the original owner.
Old March 2, 2013, 02:03 PM   #27
Tactical Jackalope

SDC
Quote:
None of those are worth worrying about to begin with, but the angled mark you circled is just an artifact from the broaching process they used to make the cut for the extractor.
Oh no? That's good. It seems eaten away for some reason.

And I never circled anything, lol. That was 9mm showing me what he thought I was talking about.

CSS
Quote:
What was wrong with the Gen 4?

It was a dud. Brass to the face even with all the latest and greatest parts.

Tickling
Quote:
Congrats! My Glock 19 gen 3 has been flawless as well.
Gooooood...lol my 17, 21, 30, and 22 are and my 34 and 27 were. even though they don't feel as good as my other guns. They work.

745SW
Quote:
“the angled mark you circled is just an artifact from the broaching process they used to make the cut for the extractor.”

Agreed. I took a look at one of my G19C gen3 having a SN starting with DEP, late 90’s, that has virtually no mileage/rounds, has the same line mark. I am the original owner.
Nice! Even though I never circled that. lol

I'm going to check this one out. I think the frame was changed for a reason that may be exciting. I wish I could find out.

Barrel and slide = 1 SN
Frame = 1 SN

I'd also like a moment of silence for 9mm's food, to which he spat out in vein. I wonder if it tasted good the second time in.
Old March 2, 2013, 02:18 PM   #28
Tactical Jackalope

Well my upper is AVF - G-19 - March 1994 - 2nd Gen.

With a lower that's a gen 3 that I can't seem to locate when it was made.

The only letters in the frame receiver is G
Old March 3, 2013, 09:19 AM   #29
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

Anyone ever seen a Glock SN with just 1 letter?
Old March 4, 2013, 01:14 PM   #30
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

Alright. Just to answer for anyone else that's wondering about the frames SN being one lettered and different from the slide and barrel.

I called Glock directly and they said that the gun has gone back to them and they had to replace the frame. Also that the SN of the gun is now what's on the frame. That the slide and barrel SN's don't matter in the US. Just the frame.
Old March 7, 2013, 11:13 AM   #31
Tactical Jackalope

Couldn't grasp that that's okay. Sent it in to Glock. It's packaged with a label right next to me.
Old March 7, 2013, 01:00 PM   #32
BGutzman

Good luck buddy I hope Glock makes it right!
Old March 7, 2013, 01:04 PM   #33
Tactical Jackalope

Oooooff.....I know that was hard for you to say lol. That's just cause we're friends off the forum. I know it lmao.

Thanks brother! I hope so too.

Chanting: "Replace it! Replace it! Replace it!"
Old March 7, 2013, 01:10 PM   #34
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

deleted.

Last edited by Tactical Jackalope; March 7, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old March 7, 2013, 01:16 PM   #35
ScottRiqui

Umm.. If you're going to cover up the tracking number, you really need to cover up the barcode as well.

Hope Glock gets your gun back to you quickly, and everything is fixed/replaced to your satisfaction.
Old March 7, 2013, 01:26 PM   #36
Tactical Jackalope

what are you talking about?

lol good call...thanks Scott! I hope so too. I miss this darn thing already.

Really hope they replace it.

It's a gen2 slide and barrel.. I just sent the slide of course.

But it was sent to them a long time ago apparently and they threw on a gen 3 frame. So I hinted having a gen 3 frame in my note to them...let's see. I hope they replace it so bad.
Old March 20, 2013, 05:31 PM   #37
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

Alright. So...I sent in my slide for Glock to have a look at it. They did. Anthony was a great help in helping me locate my slide and was very prompt.

Again, it's a Gen2 slide and barrel on a Gen3 frame. They have changed it.

So they checked it out and Peter contacted me. Peter told me that it appears that someone tried to do something (God knows what) to the breech face and it's not under warranty and that a replacement is $180 which is fair.....IF I was the one who Bubba'ed it. But I wasn't. So I just explained to him that this is just my second Glock that I purchase second hand and I just got it. It was that way, functioned fine but concerned me. My other dozen Glocks have nothing of the sort. So he told me to hang tight and he'll see what he could do to help me out. In no time he contacted me and said to send in the matching AVF*** barrel to be destroyed because they have a good used Gen3 slide and barrel to send my way once they get the barrel.

So I'm sending it first thing tomorrow morning and I'm pretty much getting a Gen3! I'll keep you all posted!
Old March 20, 2013, 06:24 PM   #38
9mm

This is why I dont buy used guns anymore lol. Bubba'd by someone../
Old March 20, 2013, 09:28 PM   #39
Dragline45

Quote:
This is why I dont buy used guns anymore lol. Bubba'd by someone..
Yup same here, had a bad couple of experiences with buying a used gun that someone tried to play gunsmith with. Only guns I feel comfortably buying used these days are S&W revolvers that show no signs of ever being opened up, ie. perfect screw heads on the sideplate.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:33 PM   #40
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

I like the thrill. I have a lot of guns. Like to play with them

My SIG P220 was fun. Now it's top notch lol.

To each their own.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:38 PM   #41
9mm

Quote:
Yup same here, had a bad couple of experiences with buying a used gun that someone tried to play gunsmith with. Only guns I feel comfortably buying used these days are S&W revolvers that show no signs of ever being opened up, ie. perfect screw heads on the sideplate.
My 92fs didn't fire when I got it, thought I got a dud, turned out the firing pin block was stuck half way up............... Just blasted it with CLP and it came loose.... Owner probably rage quit on it lol.... I traded it into the shop for another gun though, wish I didn't missing that 92fs. Was one of the most accurate guns I ever shot, and my Glock 19, about par.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:39 PM   #42
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
My 92fs didn't fire when I got it, thought I got a dud, turned out the firing pin block was stuck half way up............... Just blasted it with CLP and it came loose.... Owner probably rage quit on it lol.... I traded it into the shop for another gun though, wish I didn't missing that 92fs. Was one of the most accurate guns I ever shot, and my Glock 19, about par.
You're a terrible human being. And your 92fs is happier without you.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:41 PM   #43
9mm

haha. I was in the shop holding a M9 and 92fs, just drooling over it. Had no money, bought an LCP this morning though. Pff, they wanted too much... $680. I remember when they where $550 at the shows. I wouldn't pay more than $600 for a Beretta, I am cheap that way.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:45 PM   #44
9mm

Just be glad your glock isn't "bubba'd" for real. You only had a slide change, this is abuse lol.
Old March 20, 2013, 09:49 PM   #45
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

You're smart* that way. I think you meant.

And wow. That is pure abuse to that poor tool of the Gods.
Old March 20, 2013, 10:38 PM   #46
Dragline45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mm
I was in the shop holding a M9 and 92fs, just drooling over it. Had no money, bought an LCP this morning though. Pff, they wanted too much... $680. I remember when they where $550 at the shows. I wouldn't pay more than $600 for a Beretta, I am cheap that way.
If the M9 you were looking at was the M9A1 then $680 isn't that far off, I have one on layaway I should have next week that was $660. But $680 though for the basic M9 or 92fs is over $100 too much IMO.
Old March 21, 2013, 06:45 AM   #47
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Google "Glock breach face" I did a little searching and it looks like damage from heavy use of metal casing /wolf ammo.
How about some specific sites? I found a lot of Glock breech face issues, but the only ones with wolf issues were primer ring cutting. I some bizarre failures of the face attributed to various issues, but nothing like mentioned here.

Quote:
So they checked it out and Peter contacted me. Peter told me that it appears that someone tried to do something (God knows what) to the breech face
So no mention of ammo issues?
Old March 21, 2013, 06:50 AM   #48
TAKtical

Wow 9mm. Is that the new electric stove stippling???
Due to several differences of opinion with staff, I am choosing to no longer do business on this forum. Everyone that has a pending order will need to contact me via email at [email protected] Thanks,
-Tom&Tricia
Old March 21, 2013, 06:51 AM   #49
Tactical Jackalope

Glock 19 weird mark...

Nope! To damage the strength of the steel on a Glock, let alone any quality firearms slide. You need equal hardened steel to do so. That was in no way done by any brass or steel cases ammo of any kind. The person before me must of went to town on it for whatever reason.
Old March 21, 2013, 07:43 AM   #50
odugrad

Sorry, this is just me being ignorant again. But someone mentioned "brass to the face". What is the cause of this? My wife has an M&P and the empty shells are ejected right to her face or on her head almost every time.