The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 16, 2000, 08:31 PM   #1
tatters

I recently bought a DeSantis Apache ankle holster for carry while wearing khakis or baggy sweats.
I have worn it a few times and my thoughts are:
Very comfortable due to the thick padding against the ankle.
That is also one of the things I don't like. Seems like too much padding, and sticks out a little too much.
Great Velcro security upon wrapping around the ankle, and a not too stretchy elastic construction.
Retention in the holster pocket proper is excellent, and the retention strap is the correct size for the gun.
(P-11 KelTec)
I don't use the rig for the P-11, I use it for the P-32 so the retention strap is a little long, but still great security due to the lightness of the gun and the elastic used for the holster pocket.

All in all, a great ankle holster and I use it everytime I need to, and am quite comfortable while using it.
The ankle holster, for me, is not a preference, but if I need to use one, the Apache is a great choice.