The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 16, 2000, 02:44 AM   #1
CSOs ROCK

I know most of the details... like the fact that it's just like the Surefire 8X. Rechargeable, etc. etc. etc. Do you guys know it? It's the POLYMER flashlight.

Anyone have one yet? Any gripes? Any praise? Hello?

I'm wondering if I should get one to go with my G23. Or maybe I should spend the extra to complement my Sig 226. Hmmmmmmmm. Decisions, decisions.

If you have the desire and the funds... BUY IT!!!
Old December 17, 2000, 12:14 AM   #2
Phillip

We just got one for my department, sort of a T&E before we buy any more. It seems like a good light. I have not had much of an opportunity to use it since I am on the day shift. The night guys like it so far. Our other lights are the Streamlight Stingers and SL 20 XPs.
Old December 17, 2000, 02:23 AM   #3
Vern Brink

I have an 8X that has seen hard use for a year. Backed up by a 6Z, 12Z and an 870P forend w/a P91 bulb, I'll stand behind the Surefire product in general. I imagine the polymer would stand up to regular use. I know the bulb assembly is the same and I haven't blown one yet. 110 lumens. It's a good, general purpose light if you use it regularly and recharge it. If it's just going to sit around a lot, go w/one of the lithium powered lights.