The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old December 20, 2011, 03:32 PM   #1
mrfreefall

Remington 597 .17 HMR semiauto Investivation and Legal Action

I have decided to pursue legal action because my 597 blew up and I cannot get fair compensation from Remington. Remington has left a lot of 597 owners out in the cold on this one. My attorney has a long and successful history in gun cases. He and his team are investigating and would like to make contact with other 597 owners. If you would be willing to talk with him, please respond privately to me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Shaun
Old December 20, 2011, 03:33 PM   #2
hardworker

Didn't Remington already put out a recall on both guns and ammo?
Old December 20, 2011, 04:27 PM   #3
oneounceload

Quote:
My attorney has a long and successful history in gun cases
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, makes me wonder what side of the aisle the attorney works for
Old December 20, 2011, 04:56 PM   #4
MemphisJim

I, too, had a 597-.17HMR that never gave me any problems but I put it away the day I learned Remington had put a recall on it. Like many, I was totally dissatisfied with the original terms Rem offered and sent long and loud protests to them and every firearms board I could gain access to. Eventually Rem modified the recall and offered to rebarrel the .17HMRs to .22WMR. I accepted that offer. Rem sent the expense-paid shipping box, I sent it back with the rifle...took 'em weeks longer than I thought it should but it was returned in good order as a .22WMR and works just fine. Have you contacted Rem about rebuilding it as a .22WMR? Have you contacted Rem at all? That would be my recommended 1st step. I'd be talking to attorneys only as a last resort. As Dad taught me: Only 95% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Old December 20, 2011, 05:10 PM   #5
hermannr

Keep this in mind when you wish to take any legal action: (this was told to me by an honest lawyer (yes, they do exist)

The only parties in a court battle that are guaranteed to win are the lawyers!!!!!
Old December 20, 2011, 05:47 PM   #6
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

I love lawyers... I will take one fishing every chance I get... They make an excellent chum slick for sharkin'... Who would have thought sharks really are cannibals.

Brent