The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 16, 2000, 09:20 PM   #1
jim-alex

I purchased a Fobus paddle holster for my Sig220.
I just wanted something for PPC and since I never carry
this handgun, I did not care to spend much. I am quite pleased with it. It is much lighter than my IWB kydex from Blade-Tech and very comfortable. The only problem I've had so far (in 2 hours) was getting the darn pistol out the first time. The retention is unbelievable. You have to pull quickly and with snap. I put a light layer of Militec on the inside - helped greatly. Now, if it doesn't wear the finish, it will score a 100%. It only cost $18 from Coptools.com. Still waiting on the double mag holder. All in all surprised, I'm surprised at the quality and fit. Never heard of these until I read a mention either here or GunSpot.

Just passing on some thoughts. Regards, Jim
Old December 17, 2000, 05:36 PM   #2
Tango27

I tried one in the gunshop when they first came out. No thank you. Almost gave myself a wedgie trying to pull that Glock 19 out of the holster!
Old December 17, 2000, 06:05 PM   #3
bad4u

I have the Fobus paddle holster for my Para P12. The resistance to drawing the weapon is referred to by some people as a 'feature' called weapon retention.

The holster grip is provided primarily by the molding around the trigger guard, and it will loosen up a bit after use.

You can alleviate that a bit when the holster is new by applying a few squirts of powdered graphite in the holster and knocking out the excess graphite.
Old December 18, 2000, 06:12 AM   #4
Gopher .45

I would avoid using the powdered graphite as the graphite doesn't mix well with gun lubes, IMHO. Armorall works very well. Spray a little in, use a Q-tip to spread it around the trigger guard area and to wipe the excess, and the holster should work fine.