The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 5, 2015, 11:31 AM   #1
Kimio

CZ75 9mm & Freedom Munitions ammo?

So I've been trying to stock up on ammo as I continue to save for a CZ75 Compact.

I've been hearing a lot about Freedom Munition and was wondering how their ammunition does in the CZ75.

Has anyone here shot their 115gr FMJ 9mm ammo before in their CZ's?

Most reviews from users that own other brands of handguns are positive, but I'd like to get some feed back from the folks here.

I know several bug names in the competitive shooting scene seem to endorse this ammo (Namely Melissa Gilliland who's pretty well known among the female competition shooters circle to my understanding)

Thoughts? I was thinking of picking up a few hundred rounds if it proved reliable in the handgun I plan on buying.
Old January 5, 2015, 11:51 AM   #2
BigBL87

I don't own a CZ75 but I do own a clone (SAR B6P) and so far no issues with Freedom Munitions ammo.
Old January 5, 2015, 02:57 PM   #3
jreXD9

I've run one box of that thru my PCR D and Rami with no issues. CZ's will eat anything FMJ or HP. Best handguns I've had and that number is at 30.
Old January 5, 2015, 03:01 PM   #4
herdman

Don't have a CZ but run it in a Beretta M9 and Ruger P89. Friends of mine run Freedom in Glocks and Sigs with no problems. Good ammo at good prices, especially if you catch a special.
Old January 5, 2015, 03:15 PM   #5
Kimio

May I ask what ya'll think of the ammo in terms of cleanliness and quality of manufacture compared to comparable brands such asPMC, Federal White box and Blazer ammo?
Old January 5, 2015, 03:23 PM   #6
herdman

I see no difference between it at Blazer, PMC, Remington, etc.
Old January 5, 2015, 05:44 PM   #7
Sparks1957

I've put quite a bit (600-700) of the 124 gr FMJ through my P-01 and 75B in the last year, never had any issues with it. I find it cleaner than WWB, for certain.
Old January 5, 2015, 06:30 PM   #8
Independent George

I shoot Freedom Munitions ammo almost exclusively in my CZ's, and haven't had any problems. I try to stock up and buy a brick whenever they do one of their free shipping or $5 shipping promotions (which has been every couple months, but they don't always have what I want in stock). It typically costs $25-$30 to ship to IL, so that saves me quite a lot over the course of a year.

I've been using their remanufactured ammo purely because of cost. I can't say whether it's cleaner or dirtier than other brands - I don't even know how I'd measure that.
Old January 5, 2015, 07:07 PM   #9
WVsig

I have shot about 300 of 124gr new not re-manufactured rounds from Freedom through my 75B. I have shot another 1500 or so through other guns without issue.

They pretty good for practice ammo but if you reload watch out for the brass. It has an internal rim which allows them to lower the powder load and maintain proper pressures. If you reload it you have to adjust for the loss in volume.
Old January 5, 2015, 07:16 PM   #10
Metalboy

I"ll be trying all kinds of ammo with my new CZ 75, but did not have a chance yet.
What I like most about it is, that it locates itself into the web of my hand.

Last edited by Metalboy; January 5, 2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old January 5, 2015, 07:21 PM   #11
Sparks1957

Quote:
but if you reload watch out for the brass. It has an internal rim which allows them to lower the powder load and maintain proper pressures. If you reload it you have to adjust for the loss in volume
Thanks for pointing that out. I have kept the brass separated, but hadn't reloaded any of it yet. Good to know. I can see the rim now as I look at it.
Old January 6, 2015, 11:48 AM   #12
40CalGuy

I have probably run over 1500 rounds through my SP-01 Tactical and my friends 75B Satin Nickel (each) of Freedom Munitions 115gr 9mm Reman without any issues to feed, extract or fire. Great ammo at a wonderful price. I just yesterday received another 1000 rounds that I got at $0.19/rnd with $5 shipping. That's pretty hard to beat.

Additionally, Freedom sponsors Jerry and Lena Miculek if you're looking for a professional shooter endorsement.
Old January 6, 2015, 11:59 AM   #13
Kimio

Oh wow, I didn't know that Jerry and Lena were endorsed by them. (The man's practically a god/legend, as well as his daughter)

Interesting about the shell casings, I'll have to be mindful about keeping the brass separate from he rest of my stash (just wish I could find powder at a reasonable price)

Thank you for the replies everyone, this helps put my mind at ease. I'll pick up a couple hundred rounds then and see how it goes.
Old January 6, 2015, 12:02 PM   #14
40CalGuy

looks like i misspoke. it is only Lena that's sponsored by them apparently. my confusion was derived from seeing videos with Jerry and Lena next to a pallet of 5.56 (jerks!). here's the current sponsored shooter list:

http://www.freedommunitions.com/category-s/55965.htm
Old January 6, 2015, 12:06 PM   #15
Kimio

A few well known names regardless, I'm familiar with Ms. Francis as well, an amazing young lady. Can't help but admire her skills at such a young age.

Interesting, for sure. Doing some napkin math, it's still cheaper to buy their ammo in bulk as opposed to picking up ammo locally.
Old January 6, 2015, 12:23 PM   #16
40CalGuy

as i do not reload, i order everything i can from freedom.
Old January 6, 2015, 03:11 PM   #17
Mrgunsngear

My last two CZ75 variant reviews were shot almost exclusively with 115gr Freedom ammo----0 issues and you can see the ejection patterns with it by checking the videos out if you'd like.
Old January 6, 2015, 03:42 PM   #18
Kimio

Awesome plouffedaddy. I'm actually subscribed to your channel, and thank you for that information.

I'll definitely check those videos out, please keep up the great work!

Tags
9mm , compact , cz75 , freedom , munitions