The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 16, 2008, 03:39 PM   #1
Fremmer

Any info on this Remington BDL w/ fluted barrel?

Have any of you ever seen a Remington BDL, blued, with synthetic stock, and fluted barrel? There's nothing about that particular BDL in Remington's website, and a GOOGLE search didn't tell me anything about it. Is this a special run of BDL's? Anything special about this particular BDL (regarding the stock -- is a a regular Hogue like on the SPS, barrel -- is it normal contour, or heavy, or bedding -- bedded or aluminum pillars, trigger -- does it have the new x-mark trigger, etc.....)?

Thanks for the info, I'm really curious about this rifle, I just can't find any info about a BDL with a fluted barrel, I've never seen a BDL like this before. Thanks for the help (hopefully)!
Old September 16, 2008, 04:01 PM   #2
kraigwy

I dont know of any fluted factory remington rifles (not saying their arnt, just never heard of them). There are several around but they were normally after market additions by gunsmiths. Shoot I even fluted a few myself. Its an iffy situation, reqardless of who does it, sometime it works some time it dosnt. Its done mostly to lighten rifles, I think there are better ways, but thats just me.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071
Old September 16, 2008, 04:48 PM   #3
boltgun71

Remington has made a few blued and fluted BDL's as special runs over the past few years, but I am aware of none with a synthetic stock. I have only seen them with wood or laminated stocks. Below are a few links to some of the blued fluted models.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...00_CDL_264.asp

http://www.remington.com/products/fi..._thumbhole.asp
Old September 16, 2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Alleykat

Remington's made stainless and matt black fluted varmint-contour barreled rifles quite a bit over the years. Don't know if they're still making them, but they sure were plentiful a few years back.
Old September 16, 2008, 06:50 PM   #5
jjwestbrook

i have the fluted thumbhole model in 300 wsm . nice rifle.
http://www.remington.com/products/fi..._thumbhole.asp
Old September 16, 2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Fremmer

Maybe it's a special run of 'em. I'm gonna have to go and check one out in person. The shop wants $580 for it.