Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 18, 2018, 05:56 PM   #51
Spats McGee
Staff

I loathe buyer's remorse.
Old April 18, 2018, 06:00 PM   #52
Spats McGee
Staff

I have to say, though, that I'm really excited about this. My 10/22 has had a threaded barrel for years, and I just bought a 22/45 Lite. I'm absolutely giddy.
Old April 18, 2018, 06:01 PM   #53
Lohman446

Find any deals beyond the prices on the site?
Old April 18, 2018, 06:04 PM   #54
Sharkbite

Five years!!!???

The wait for the stamp will go fast

Welcome to the world of the NFA.

Bad news, this will not be your last stamp...good news, this will not be your last stamp.

I just did some 5320.20’s to change my address. 9 stamps (3SBR’s & 6 cans) in my collection so far.
Old April 18, 2018, 06:07 PM   #55
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Find any deals beyond the prices on the site?
Not really, but the folks at Silencer Shop were really helpful on the phone. I mentioned that they also advised me to look at two others that they had on the site. I didn't want to get bogged down in analysis (again), so I decided to just run with Theohazard's advice on the Dead Air Mask. I'd suggest going ahead and looking at the ones they recommended to me.
Old April 21, 2018, 09:49 PM   #56
Machineguntony

This thread started in September. It’s now almost May. You still have not bought the silencer? The stamp would have been approved by now. Just pick one and go with it!
Old April 22, 2018, 06:49 AM   #57
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machineguntony View Post
This thread started in September. It’s now almost May. You still have not bought the silencer? The stamp would have been approved by now. Just pick one and go with it!
It's worse than that, Machineguntony. This thread was started in September of 2013. There was a very long initial delay. Life kept getting in the way of luxury purchases. Anyway, Mrs. McGee said those three magic words last week: "get a suppressor." So I bought the Dead Air Mask. I didn't dilly-dally this time.
Old April 22, 2018, 03:33 PM   #58
Machineguntony

2013! I didn’t see that part.

But I can respect your financial discipline. Congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy it.
Old April 24, 2018, 09:46 AM   #59
Bentonville

I just saw this thread. I’m excited for you. I just set up a trust and purchased a suppressor through the Silencer Shop. They are professional and knowledgeable folks who made it all very convenient with the kiosk etc. I went with the Obsidian 45 made by Rugged Suppressors. It’s going to be a long Christmas Eve for both if us, if you know what I mean.
Old April 24, 2018, 12:16 PM   #60
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonville View Post
I just saw this thread. I’m excited for you. I just set up a trust and purchased a suppressor through the Silencer Shop. They are professional and knowledgeable folks who made it all very convenient with the kiosk etc. I went with the Obsidian 45 made by Rugged Suppressors. It’s going to be a long Christmas Eve for both if us, if you know what I mean.
Frankly, I was astounded that they have an app for buying a suppressor. There's an app for that! I agree on the folks at SS, though. So far they've been great to work with.

Congratulations & enjoy that Obsidian when it finally arrives.
Old May 30, 2018, 09:34 AM   #61
Ledslnger

I took a look at Mack Bros Vapor....believe they have a .22 LR only option coming out. I want a Vapor in a bad way. I enjoyed working with SS too. And, the kiosks are nice. I am picking up a Mack Bros 762L BLK .30 cal Can later this week.

Last edited by Ledslnger; May 30, 2018 at 12:26 PM.

Tags
silencer , suppressor