The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old June 29, 2010, 11:51 AM   #1
Rebok87

9mm machine gun build

9mm sub machine gun. Designed to utilize Sten mags. Phillip built it from scratch except he used an HKG3 grip and CETME butt pad. -Jenny

VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/user/innovati.../1/5a-q976quNg

Old June 29, 2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Bill DeShivs

I hope he built it before 1986!
Old June 29, 2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Retired15T

Yep, not something I would let everyone know about unless I had the proper licensing to build and own it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson
Old June 29, 2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Rebok87

No Bill, it’s hot out of the oven.
We are a suppressor manufacturer in SC (class 2/07). We customize and refinish weapons too. Here’s our website http://innovativearms.com/services.html . Just showing of my husbands work: ) He amazes me how he can take a few hunks of metal and turn it into a mechanical piece of art. I know I’m bias If you‘re in the area, you need to come to one of our shoots and get some trigger time with this one. -Jenny

Here’s another one of his “Space Guns” from a while back.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/user/innovati.../0/MTWFoOvGZps

Pic

This weapon is model SFG 22. (Super, Fun, Gun). It is not a modified weapon or based on any weapon. He designed it so that at shoots and demos kids and new shooters could shoot and enjoy suppressed full-auto inexpensively. Everything was built from scratch except optic, fore grip and mag.
Specs:
It’s has a 5” barrel and a 6” internal suppressor. It utilizes an open bolt system and is designed to except 10/22 mags.
Old June 29, 2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Rebok87

We also build both weapons in a semi auto version for transfer to individuals via AFT Tax Stamps.
Old June 29, 2010, 07:14 PM   #6
Bill DeShivs

It's nice, legal work then!
Old June 29, 2010, 10:31 PM   #7
kozak6

That's a handsome gun.

I wish it was easier to own such a thing.
Old June 30, 2010, 08:12 AM   #8
Skans

Very nice looking guns! The one in the OP looks like a cross between a S&W M76 and a Sten. The second one looks completely unique. I love looking at new gun designs - more pictures would be much appreciated.
Old June 30, 2010, 11:22 AM   #9
Venom1956

besides a sten and a S&W, it kinda looks like if an MP5k was stripped down and 'all business' especially with that forend. very cool looks quite controllable on FA. Does it take +P?

The .22 makes me swoon that would be THE caliber for a FA fun gun... You should try and make some nice 10/22 30 round mags that aren't so curved... or look like AR mags... I know a billion people that would LOVE them.

I really like your site as well! neat stuff! Its nice to see totally custom work... Rare since its so cost prohibitive... I have a question about this SBR AK

Is this hand guard bolted to the receiver as well as clamped or what? Can't tell for sure by looking at it. If it was bolted to the lower a rail on top would be excellent for mounting optics... far superior then other poly hand guards with rails..
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug

Last edited by Venom1956; June 30, 2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Oops forgot the picture...
Old June 30, 2010, 11:55 AM   #10
jclayto

Rebok, I am in SC, can I stop by for some trigger time??

Amazing work, congrats!
Old June 30, 2010, 12:45 PM   #11
Rebok87

Jclayto,
Sounds awesome.
Keep an eye on our facebook page, we post times and places when we are going the range on there.
http://www.facebook.com/innovative.arms.tech

We are also hoping to have a shoot social in the fall for South Carolina folks only. That info would be posted on the SC shooters facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/innovative.a...9913465&ref=ts
Old June 30, 2010, 12:48 PM   #12
Rebok87

Venom,
He built that with it being both captured by the receiver and held in place by a barrel/ hand guard mount. I think I have a pic somewhere that shows the weapon with a rail, optic and suppressor. Give me until tomorrow to find and post it.

PS. Thanks for the comment about the website. All of our work we do ourselves, including the website and pics. Phillip says that we compliment each others work but I think websites are way harder than building machine guns
Old June 30, 2010, 09:15 PM   #13
Rebok87

I couldn’t find the pic I wanted, but this is a 10” SBR AK with a UTG rail system that he modified. It‘s a very rigid set up and suits well for optics.

While snooping around in our pics, I found this one of the SFG pictured above when it was still a block. I think he uses more notebook paper than both our kids do at school
Old July 1, 2010, 01:42 AM   #14
Venom1956

lol notebook paper the choice of a professional.
E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system.- Yeah I can do that.
I guarantee you will know it if a bicyclist hits your house going 1000 mph. -Smaug