The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 21, 2002, 01:58 PM   #1
Huntersix

CAS question

I was wondering if it is possible to only shoot side matches or if you have to take part in the main matches as well. I am particularly interested in the long range percision shooting, the wife let me buy a Pedersoli Sharps in 45-90 for an early x-mas present. I am also interested in possibly shooting Plainsman with the 2 Colt 1860 Armys that I own. Any info as well as contacts in the Twin Cities area of MN would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Six
Old November 22, 2002, 08:00 AM   #2
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy,

I really depends on the match as the whether non-shooters (or conventioneers) can shoot all side matches. Usually, there is a stage set up, with loaner guns, for conventioneers to shoot. If you have a particular match in mind, the best thing to do is to call the match director and ask.

I would check gun clubs in your area for Black Powder Cartridge Rifle long range matches. Even if you don't want to shoot BP, most BPCR matches allow smokeless ammo.

Go to www.sassnet.com and click on the "Affiliated Clubs" link. You'll find a number of clubs in your area.
SASS #18308
Range Master- The Cherokee Cowboys & The Shootout at Mulecamp