The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 25, 2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Old Stony

Busy nights too...

Long story short, this group is part of a bunch of at least 50 that showed up about midnight last night, as I was out trying to get a hole in a big old boar I have had on a game camera lately.
I ended up with 11 smaller ones in the trap and popped a larger sow after the door dropped.
Unfortunately by 1 am and facing a couple hrs. of processing....I decided to donate this group to the coyotes. After about 8 hrs. in the woods, I was starting to feel like a tired old 72 yr. old and just didn't have 2 more hrs. of hoggin' left in me.
Old May 25, 2017, 04:09 PM   #2
JoeSixpack

My god you're infested!.. But I bet you have great dinners at your place
Old May 25, 2017, 07:51 PM   #3
Old Stony

They seem to run in cycles. I can go for months seeing very few, and then here they come! I think food supplies can account for a lot of the cycle for them. As acorns get harder to find, they seem to come after the corn. This past year is the slowest I've seen in quite a few years on some of the properties....but when they hold off that long there are a bunch more youngsters with them to deal with.