The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 24, 2011, 09:48 AM   #1

Enforcer powder and the 44 mag

I found some interesting data in a Sierra manual last night but, have no experience with Enforcer. I would be using this for deer hunting loads and it looks like it would fit the bill in terms of high velocity. My go to hunting load is 210 gr Sierra JHC with 26 grs. of W296. I have also used 2400, Lil Gun, and IMR 4227 as well. I'd like to try Enforcer but, I'd like some info as I am a cheap skate and wouldn't spend the $25.00 unless it has some potential. Thanks and Happy Easter to all.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old April 24, 2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Sport45

Enforcer is a lot like H-110 (W296). It requires magnum primers for reliable ignition. (I had several squibs trying it in my .45 Colt Redhawk using Wolf standard primers.) When it does light the performance is good. I didn't chronograph my results, but the recoil was similar to H-110 starting loads.

I recommend sticking with the H-110 if you like it.
Old April 24, 2011, 11:51 AM   #3
totaldla

Enforcer is my favorite. It is a true spherical powder, and as such, flows like water. It is faster than H110/296, but slower than AA#9 and 2400. It does not erode the throat or blast shield like H110/296 & LilGun.

It works best with a magnum primer, and unlike H110/296 & LilGun, it has a load range - so you don't have to run it at max.

As I said, Enforcer is my favorite. I don't use H110/296 or LilGun anymore.

See load data section in "329pd Info" for ideas.